VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Beta is over, and Gamma has begun..  (Read 19776 times)

aengus

Re: Beta is over, and Gamma has begun..
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2008, 04:34 PM »

someone just pointed out that the biggest vfk site only has 1600 people on it. 

now we (we being vmk) were their only audience.  they only advertised on vmk fan sites, and on the save vmk site.

so forum people are the majority of their audience its safe to say.  If you can only come up with a couple thousand people on all the sites then I think I would lower my esitmate pretty drastically.

The # of hats can be very misleading

of course  all this is, is another guess ROFL

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2008, 05:13 PM »

That 1600 people on the biggest vfk site you state, is that registered only?

Just wondering, because I was guest on lots of sites before I ever registered with one.

I found VMK before I found any forum sites, never became member at forum sites until well after, and then not at all of them.

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2008, 05:25 PM »

someone just pointed out that the biggest vfk site only has 1600 people on it. 

now we (we being vmk) were their only audience.  they only advertised on vmk fan sites, and on the save vmk site.

so forum people are the majority of their audience its safe to say.  If you can only come up with a couple thousand people on all the sites then I think I would lower my esitmate pretty drastically.

The # of hats can be very misleading

of course  all this is, is another guess ROFL
Numbers can be inflated or padded and twisted however.  We know one thing for a fact - We will never get the true number from the true source.  Even the 50 K -  If they had that many pre-registered clearly many (possibly 10's of thousands) were mules - a good share possibly were from registration errors - I know several people that tried once, it did not work and they did it again never to get the other back.  

Gadget boasts 4500 users - yet is this unique downloads - how can he account for that number - and why is it even important.  And as far as forums numbers go - I would not use that as a guage. Also since people are double on my list in the game - are they counting everyone in the game twice?

I would like to see a real time number - but I know I have over 150 people on my friends list most were people I knew from VMK - I still have many that did not join the game as well however.when I visit I may find 15-30 people online - not too different from VMK in my experience - numbers spike when there is something new or quests. Since we don't get a list of instances or how full they are, all I can add is many people are visiting briefly each day and just seeing whats going on if anything is new and are their frinds around.  Where many of us did 8+ hours in VMK most of us may only jump in for an hour here or there and divide our time between this an other games.

In the long run these numbers aren't that important to the users.  (obviously they are important to survival along with sustainability and growth) What is important to the users is that we are entertained, find friends we enjoy and feel the game has an atmosphere that we can enjoy.  There are some other important factors - most of us that have decided we will give the game an oportunity will be happy to see progress with the development - new games, new areas, more events, better function, more customization.  Time will tell, I did not come with high expectations and I try to remain hopefull and realistic. I did not  get any gaurantee from anyone that this would fly or how much speed it needs to pretend it has in order to fly.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2008, 01:51 AM »

Okay Belle, this is "right now", if that's soon enough for you :lolg:

Again, I am on VFK after hours, and chatting as I did before, with others on the maps and the bird game.. which is what I encountered so early yesterday morning.  So again, appears the VIP perk is not active, as I was able to get on and play despite not being a VIP, and not in a single player version. :??:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2008, 06:29 AM »

thanks gf but hubby and I did not get back from the drive in to 2:00 am :)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up