VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fishing Is Open  (Read 6468 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Fishing Is Open
« on: June 26, 2008, 03:38 PM »

Just an fyi.  Gaia reopened fishing today. 
Now when your bucket is full of fish you must enter in 2 random words.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: Fishing Is Open
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 03:41 PM »

Woot!  How happy are you GF??  Woot!   :wavet:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

fantasymooma

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 08:58 AM »

WooHoo!

I was always getting fish bait from the Daily Chance and I was wondering when they were going to open the fishing back up.

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 11:35 AM »

Any other change to the fishing?  I find fishing at the lake easy but at the port and the treatment plant (why would you fish in sewage) are difficult to catch.  I was happy to be getting free bait, I caught no better fish with better bait anyway So F grade works for me.  I need to figure out what to do with the fish, it tells you the value but if you sell them I think you get half the value.  If you put them on the market its up in the air and trading them takes 10 to upgrade.  I am thinking you lose value upgrading if you don't need the fish you trade for and you have to get real lucky on the market.  If I pay 25 gold for the bait what is the best way to make a profit? Happy? Too late to sell my Bass.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 04:11 PM »

I find that blue bass and the red guppies are the best profit makers.  (10 red guppy fish can be changed in to the blue bass).  This is mostly due to the Liam quest.  (The blue bass and red guppy fish are only in Basskem Lake, so I have not strayed too far from there.)  I have not mastered the other fish or their values.  Yesterday  I caught my first 2 stripers!  Woot!  :trophy:  Now I needto learn their values.   Prior to the close of fishing the red guppy fish were steady at 10 gold each.  The blue bass market tened to fluctuate a bit more.  Some days it went down to 75 other times it was 150.  Yes, the whole supply and demand thing.

Bass'kem is the easy lake.  Durem Reclaimation is the most challenging. 

As for the bait, you can usually get F grade bait in the markpletplace for less than 25 gold.  Here is something I learned about bait form a post on the Gaia Fishing Forum.  It has to do with "bait degradation".  This is my interpretation.

Store cost for bait:
A=250
D=100
F=25  (and often in the market for half price or less because of the daily chance claw machine.)

If you do not fish for 12 hours and then fish with 6 buckets all with grade F-Bait:

The fish 2 buckets simulate grade A Bait.  The next 3 buckets simulate grade D bait.  The 6th bucket acts like true grade F bait.  In in short you should see less junk in the first 2 buckets then in the 6th.
After 12 hours, since the completion of your last bucket, this resets. 

If you want to simulate 5 buckets of grade A bait instead of spending 1250 gold for 5 grade A baits, use Grade F bait for the first 2 buckets and then grade D bait for the next 3 buckets.  At most this will cost you 350 in bait.  Again, after 12 hours of completing your last bucket this resets. 

:paper: The Cliff Note Version:  :paper:
If you are getting started in fishing , try fishing just 2 buckets every 12 hours at Bass'kem Lake, and use grade F bait.  It will act like grade A bait.  Get the bait for free from the claw machine or buy it in the market place for less than 25 gold. 

gl everyone!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 04:13 PM by souper_happy »

BitBehindWench

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 06:28 PM »

Store cost for bait:
A=250
D=100
F=25  (and often in the market for half price or less because of the daily chance claw machine.)

If you do not fish for 12 hours and then fish with 6 buckets all with grade F-Bait:

The fish 2 buckets simulate grade A Bait.  The next 3 buckets simulate grade D bait.  The 6th bucket acts like true grade F bait.  In in short you should see less junk in the first 2 buckets then in the 6th.
After 12 hours, since the completion of your last bucket, this resets. 

If you want to simulate 5 buckets of grade A bait instead of spending 1250 gold for 5 grade A baits, use Grade F bait for the first 2 buckets and then grade D bait for the next 3 buckets.  At most this will cost you 350 in bait.  Again, after 12 hours of completing your last bucket this resets. 

:paper: The Cliff Note Version:  :paper:
If you are getting started in fishing , try fishing just 2 buckets every 12 hours at Bass'kem Lake, and use grade F bait.  It will act like grade A bait.  Get the bait for free from the claw machine or buy it in the market place for less than 25 gold. 

gl everyone!
Thanks for the info - this would explain why I get no difference between A and F and why after a few buckets you catch more junk.   Much like birds - I can only handle so many fish, so that works for me.

lab_girl

• Are my results in yet?
    From the Smurf Generation
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 06:11 PM »

Excellent info ty!
I have no patience for this game... I only catch junk and guppies.  I can make more gold by posting, lol

Oddly I love real fishing.. :hmmmm:

:fishing: :cheerleader: :pbook: :pbounce: :tigger: :pmickey:
     DH                      DD       DS    DS    DS

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 12:30 AM »

Excellent info ty!
I have no patience for this game... I only catch junk and guppies.  I can make more gold by posting, lol

Oddly I love real fishing.. :hmmmm:

I find it relaxing too.  The saying that each fish has cracks me up too. 

Don't under estimate those red guppies.

Those that fish a lot say each fish/junk item has a certain movement.  The real pros can "filter out"  (let go on purpose) the junk.  From what I see the at Bass'kem the fish pull to the left.  You need to pull to the right to balance the pole.  Some fish have more kick than others.

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 08:42 PM »

Whoa!  This Fishing sounds very involved, not relaxing!   :prop:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 01:15 PM »

My idea of fishing is sitting on a river bank with a cool beverage in one hand, a fishing pole in the other and no bait on the hook so the fish will not disturb the peaceful setting. :rum:

Don't care to get involved with the fish much. :shark:
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up