VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: And they call this fun.....Item Retired  (Read 12825 times)

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
And they call this fun.....Item Retired
« on: June 14, 2008, 07:20 AM »

Ok,

I am really trying to give this a chance to work but each time it justs makes no sense. Lets start with the quest. 2 staff- Panda and tiger were both asked about it. The answer they don't know anything about it. Come on where is the communication... Another thing Ink and I noticed-when the heat is on and staff don't have an answer what do they do- Disappear. Tiger left very fast when questioned about the quest.

Next thing- they all ready removed an item form the stores. It is the red beach ball. So we are in beta with a 1 game that works awful-nothing lines up on gas cans to your hummer- game needs major improvement. They give us great items at the store but at high prices then after 1 day they take an item off of sale. Come on VFK. If you want to make people dislike this game you are heading in the right direction. This game should be fun no pressure and no worries-I have not seen that yet we will end wit kids sad that they can not buy things before the are gone.

Sorry but this is my feelings on this.

Bug

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
Re: And they call this fun.....Item Retired
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 07:33 AM »

Well, I can say that Fusion has been very polite about trying to answer questions.  Communication is one thing, but I've seen some people being completely rude and inappropriate with the VFK staff this morning already.  Maybe that is why Tiger left. (Only a guess)  To tell the truth I've been more embarrassed by the players today than the staff's lack of information.

I can't seem to play the bird game correctly or even find the items that are on sell in the stores.  So, really didn't miss the fact that something is already missing.  Gee, wish I could see them to buy them.  oh, well.  It is just a game.  and it is still in Beta.

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 07:45 AM »

Well, I can say that Fusion has been very polite about trying to answer questions.  Communication is one thing, but I've seen some people being completely rude and inappropriate with the VFK staff this morning already.  Maybe that is why Tiger left. (Only a guess)  To tell the truth I've been more embarrassed by the players today than the staff's lack of information.

I can't seem to play the bird game correctly or even find the items that are on sell in the stores.  So, really didn't miss the fact that something is already missing.  Gee, wish I could see them to buy them.  oh, well.  It is just a game.  and it is still in Beta.

Well I have not seen any rude people today. I was just in a room again with tiger and when someone asked about the quest she said idk and left. As far as its still in beta I am tired of hearing this. If it is beta then don't be releasing things for 1 day and not giving the kids a chance to earn credits to buy things. I think they are going down a path they better think long and hard about. I for one am glad I found a new world.

Bug

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 08:07 AM »

Yes the store is not easy to manage. I click the register and nothing happens. Then I click pink couch and sometimes the merchantile loads. I notice that the purple barrel and orange barrel was wrong switch places and description is wrong because of this. Is it possible the red ball was doing the same thing.

The bird game is working better with gas cans a little easier to do. But still a tough game for most. Though through perseverance I did manage to save over  13,000. Small to many lol.

As for prices the specials are not bad. I am buying those first. The crates range for 50 to 250.  Even in VMK there was little hope for anyone who was  not good at fireworks to get credits in beta. Jungle cruise only gave you 20 credits if not on high score and I was hopeless at fireworks. Then pirates gave credits but still low compared to fireworks. Though I think the highest price item was 500 for a crown.

Maybe some of these prices are for items that will be staying the long time. I would be more upset if the special were too expensive. To me they are reasonable.

As for the red ball never knew it existed. So would not have missed it.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 08:24 AM »

I'm confused about the quest too.  I did walk every room looking for new exits.  Found nothing.  Even played the game a few times.  Oh well. 

As for the red beach ball, I believe the green one was in specials so it is odd that a "normal" item would disappear first. 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 08:49 AM »

I'm confused about the quest too.  I did walk every room looking for new exits.  Found nothing.  Even played the game a few times.  Oh well. 

As for the red beach ball, I believe the green one was in specials so it is odd that a "normal" item would disappear first. 

Went on last night after hours to see the store, and was only able to buy a chair. WOoooHOooo! I would have bought the red beach ball if I could. And the quest today...where is it again?  :crazy:

I'm wondering if VFK knows that there were also things about VMK that we didn't like...?  :hmmmm:

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 08:52 AM »

Went on last night after hours to see the store, and was only able to buy a chair. WOoooHOooo! I would have bought the red beach ball if I could. And the quest today...where is it again?  :crazy:

I'm wondering if VFK knows that there were also things about VMK that we didn't like...?  :hmmmm:

Thank you my thoughts exactly :)

Bug

Panda Pandora

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 02:00 PM »

To Whom It May Concern at VFK,

Super Rare Items Already! WOW!
If you take an item away please have the courtesy to explain why (if it was a problem let us know) or if this is the way it will be give us the warning NOW! then we will not be shocked when it happens.

Then at least we will understand and not get so frustrated.

Thank you

Disney Dreams

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 02:21 PM »

Okay, you have a new game in which VERY little has happened on a day to day basis.  Therefore, MANY have begun to check every few days, just to see if anything in the form of a true game has started to take place.  Then you take an item away in 1 day while the only way to earn credits is a memory test?

sigh

Not exactly the way to get people "into" VFK.

By the way, have I ever told you all my favorite Disney ride?  I'll give you a hint: It has lots of little people from all around the world dancing while you ride in a boat.  And it's a lot of fun!

- Dreams
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 02:42 PM by Disney Dreams »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 03:01 PM »

Wow, all the fun I've been missing I see in VFK.  I have to agree with Bug, in that I have personally noticed when some VFK Staff does not have an answer to a question, or doesn't want to hear a question, they just disappear.  It's happened more than one time.   And it's very obvious that they just leave on their own, and it's not disconnection problems.  :uhuh2:

As far as all these items being sold.  Wow!  I had no idea.  Count me in the group of folks that are terrible at the Bird mini game.  It's just not my cup of tea.  So until they get a mini game I actually like or can play, I'll probably be broke.  Belle, you are doing great with your bank account!  I don't even think I have 1k in credits.   :blush:   I don't agree with VFK releasing items for 1 day, as others have said that a lot of us, have only been checking into VFK every few days.

Many of the new games I have been trying, you have a chance to build your space.  The only space that I have actually spent credits and time building in, is SmallWorlds.  That tells me something, that is where I want "home" to be most likely, and for the moment.   :thumb:

I was pulling for VFK all the way, I still am.  I want VFK to survive.  But then came along SmallWorlds.  I have to admit, since then, I really haven't even been logging into VFK.  I got bored and frustrated with it quick.  I still haven't found all my VMK friends in VFK, and that adds to my frustration.  It doesn't even bother me one bit that all my accumulated stuff in SW will disappear when beta is over, and I have to start all over again.  It doesn't bother me that all the questing I've completed, I will need to do again.  I'm having a blast!  It's kept my attention and it's fun.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

hdmonkeybug

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 03:55 PM »

It was posted somewhere else that Fin said that the red ball was accidentally removed and would be back.

As for the shop - you don't click the register - you just have to click on the shop button and then click the mercantile in your shop window. For specials - do the same thing but you just have to be in the store to see them.

NotAZoo

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 04:06 PM »

I am guessing that I am definitely in the minority here, however I think by having a one day only item here or there without it being announced or not is the only way you will ever see something deemed "rare" in VFK.      After 3 years of VMK most of us are conditioned to stock up on anything new which goes on sale and basically ended up with items of lesser value because everyone else was conditioned to do the same.   Therefore I think that until there are host games with a unique prize or anything of the sort, having some sneaky shenanigans going on may be a good thing to get some rare things circulating at the beginning stages.   Additionally the beta numbers here are much larger than VMKs numbers early on, so to have 10000 people with beta furniture doesn't make it all that rare at the end of the day either.

Now I am sure it was a mistake, and is unfair for those who didn't log in yesterday evening, but I think a little rarity isn't a bad thing even if it is accidental.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 04:16 PM »

It was posted somewhere else that Fin said that the red ball was accidentally removed and would be back.

As for the shop - you don't click the register - you just have to click on the shop button and then click the mercantile in your shop window. For specials - do the same thing but you just have to be in the store to see them.

Monkey thanks for the info. :) 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 08:28 PM »

The red beach ball is still available, but only by doing the surf's up quest. So Woot to that!  :wavet:

Panda Pandora

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 08:33 PM »

The red beach ball is still available, but only by doing the surf's up quest. So Woot to that!  :wavet:

Princess where did you get that pop up to start the quest?
Help please

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2008, 08:38 PM »

Hugs Panda  :hug: The message on the main page after you log in says to refresh the game and the quest button will show up in the bottom right corner of your toolbar.  :dance2:

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2008, 10:00 PM »

Well, I managed to stay on after the quest until 3 minutes before close...then I got a big fat IE error box. At least I got to see a few friends in VFK tonight and say goodnight to Panda. Big hugs night everyone...will things ever be the same? *sigh*  :hug:

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2008, 10:11 PM »

Well, I managed to stay on after the quest until 3 minutes before close...then I got a big fat IE error box. At least I got to see a few friends in VFK tonight and say goodnight to Panda. Big hugs night everyone...will things ever be the same? *sigh*  :hug:

:hug: Hugs Days. We weren't even on at close tonight because we let the kids hop on to do the quest. I was so happy that I finally got to see you in game though!

Night to everyone. Oh, and... let's go surfin' now, everybody's learning how, Come on and safari with me!  :surf:

gshawen

• Can't believe I am 21 now.  :angel:
    Neither can the Tag Fairy
    ;)
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 11:29 AM »

The answer to most of the quest questions is showing alot about peoples ages.  :lol:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 12:36 PM »

The answer to most of the quest questions is showing alot about peoples ages.  :lol:

Nice to see you back here and posting Gas!  :2thunbs:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 01:38 PM »

Guessing you knew all those answers   :laugh2:  not me  :lolg:
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up