VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using The stereo A Help Guide  (Read 22493 times)

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
Using The stereo A Help Guide
« on: June 11, 2008, 08:30 AM »

1. Click on configure item**You must use configure to create a playlist you want to keep.
2. Click search
3. Type in what you are looking for,. I wanted Disney music so I typed in things like Disney, Epcot, Haunted Mansion, Tiki so on.
4. See something you want mouse over it and click the + sign. It has now been added to your play list. Do this for all songs you want to add.
5. Click play list tab to see what you have.
6. Click options. This will let you select to have music start automatically and if you want the songs shuffled.
7. Click save to keep all your changes.
8. Click stereo again
9. Click security
10. Click owner for people who can move this item and owner for people who can use this item. No no one can add or remove songs now.

If you want others to use your stereo please note the following:

If you set the security to everyone under people who can use this then yes they can control the songs. They can add to the current playlist or delete from the list by pressing the X but it is NOT saved and is NOT a permanent change. It works like this:

Example:

You have your stereo on and I come in to your room. I delete a song and add another. You click on the playlist and you can see the changes i made-everyone in the room does. For your playlist to revert back to your original settings, 2 things have to happen. The player that made the changes must leave the room then you must leave and re-enter. That resets your playlist back to the original for you. Anyone else in the room has the changed playlist until they leave and reenter.

Please let me know if this makes sense too you.

Thanks,
Bug
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 02:25 PM by Bugdozer »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: Using The stereo A Help Guide
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 07:24 PM »

Yay!    :dance3:

Thanks Bug for the very helpful directions on how to do this!  I've been wanting to set up my stereo, and wasn't quite sure on how to do it.

I do have a question though, and hopefully it's okay to ask on this "sticky" thread.  Mods please move to a new thread if I wasn't supposed to ask here.  Sorry.   :blush:

** IF I want Guests in my room to be able to control the remote, and play a song they see in my playlist at random ... OR, if I want a Guest to be able to add some songs they want to hear, but not permanently add to my playlist ... Is there a way to do that??   That's why I was hesitant on making the security to owner only.  What I want to NOT happen, is that my original playlist gets deleted.  I don't want to have to start all over at square one.  But I might want to be able to give an option to Guests to add songs just for that day, or hear a song from my list.  I was under the impression anything added to a playlist when Guests have control of the remote, are deleted from the stereo that night anyway??   :??:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 11:34 PM »

I do have a question though, and hopefully it's okay to ask on this "sticky" thread.  Mods please move to a new thread if I wasn't supposed to ask here.  Sorry.   :blush:

It's a "sticky" because some of us can use the help, and ease of finding it at the top. 

That's also why the thread isn't locked.  It's for helping out with questions on the topic.  So post away!  :thumbs:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 01:01 AM »

It's a "sticky" because some of us can use the help, and ease of finding it at the top. 

That's also why the thread isn't locked.  It's for helping out with questions on the topic.  So post away!  :thumbs:

Good to know!  Thanks Ducky!   :hug:

Now hopefully someone knows some answers ... I tried to do some stereo testing tonight, we'll see if I see any changes tomorrow.  But kinda doubtful as I kept crashing for some reason tonight.   :??:

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 05:00 AM »

Hmmm...I'm not seeing a plus sign anywhere to click and add a  :hmmmm:...?

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 05:17 AM »

Hmmm...I'm not seeing a plus sign anywhere to click and add a  :hmmmm:...?

The plus sign is on the right side of the box when the list you search for pops up.

Bug

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 05:22 AM »

Thanks Bug for the very helpful directions on how to do this!  I've been wanting to set up my stereo, and wasn't quite sure on how to do it.

** IF I want Guests in my room to be able to control the remote, and play a song they see in my playlist at random ... OR, if I want a Guest to be able to add some songs they want to hear, but not permanently add to my playlist ... Is there a way to do that??   That's why I was hesitant on making the security to owner only.  What I want to NOT happen, is that my original playlist gets deleted.  I don't want to have to start all over at square one.  But I might want to be able to give an option to Guests to add songs just for that day, or hear a song from my list.  I was under the impression anything added to a playlist when Guests have control of the remote, are deleted from the stereo that night anyway??   :??:

Hi,

I will test a few things out with ink when he gets home from school and hopefully have your answer.

Disney Dreams

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 11:34 AM »

Can anyone give me a short, simple comparison of these items? Specifically, what they do that's different from each other.

- Boombox
- DJ Stand
- Last.fm stereo
- Seeqpod stereo

Thanks! :groupwave:

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 02:17 PM »

Hi,

Ok Ink and I did a bunch of testing. The answers are complex but I will try my best to explain.
1. If you set the security to everyone under people who can use this then yes they can control the songs. They can add to the current playlist or delete from the list by pressing the X but it is NOT saved and is NOT a permanent change. It works like this:

Example:

You have your stereo on and I come in to your room. I delete a song and add another. You click on the playlist and you can see the changes i made-everyone in the room does. For your playlist to revert back to your original settings, 2 things have to happen. The player that made the changes must leave the room then you must leave and re-enter. That resets your playlist back to the original for you. Anyone else in the room has the changed playlist until they leave and reenter.

Thanks,
Bug

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 08:12 PM »

Hi,

I will test a few things out with ink when he gets home from school and hopefully have your answer.

Thanks so much Bug!   :)

Hi,

Ok Ink and I did a bunch of testing. The answers are complex but I will try my best to explain.
1. If you set the security to everyone under people who can use this then yes they can control the songs. They can add to the current playlist or delete from the list by pressing the X but it is NOT saved and is NOT a permanent change. It works like this:

Example:

Thanks,
Bug

Thanks so much Bug for doing some testing and sharing your outcome with us.  I appreciate it very much!  Yes, what you have written here is great.  Very understandable.   :thumbs:   Thank-You.

I will agree with everything you said as well.  I had a friend delete a song from my playlist last night, and then they had added some songs of their own.  When I logged in today, not only were all the songs they added gone, but the song they deleted from my original playlist, was still there today.

I love this feature!   :2thunbs:

fantasymooma

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 01:09 PM »

Not sure if things have changed or I'm just not seeing the word search.    I click on Configure and it gives we 3 options to choose from: Security, Interactions and Settings.

Under Settings it says:

Playlist Options
Automatically tune to the playlist of the following Last.fm user

(space for you to type a user name)

To play user playlists, the user must have a valid personal playlist with 15 tracks or above. Please visit Last.fm if you don't already have a account to create your own personalised playlist.

Does this mean I need to go make a playlist somewhere else??

Lost and a little confused, 
fantasy :hmmmm:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 04:08 PM »

Fantasy :
Sorry I'm not nuch help with this one.  My stereo is a Seeqpod, not a last.FM

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 03:50 AM »

Not sure if things have changed or I'm just not seeing the word search.    I click on Configure and it gives we 3 options to choose from: Security, Interactions and Settings.

Under Settings it says:

Playlist Options

To play user playlists, the user must have a valid personal playlist with 15 tracks or above. Please visit Last.fm if you don't already have a account to create your own personalised playlist.

I have a stereo like Happy does, so not absolutely sure, but it sounds that way Fantasy. 

We do have to "go to Flickr" to either use someone else's pics, or set up our own account for the posters.  Same as we have to "go to YouTube" to use either other's videos or create our own for the TVs.  So, don't see why that isn't exactly the case with last.FM stereos.  It does read, based on what you posted, the same way.  Either use someone else's (place for user title), or create your own, by "going to last.FM".

I hope you try, and let us know.  I have wondered about last.FM myself ;)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

fantasymooma

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 12:07 PM »

Under Settings it says:

Playlist Options

I have a stereo like Happy does, so not absolutely sure, but it sounds that way Fantasy. 

We do have to "go to Flickr" to either use someone else's pics, or set up our own account for the posters.  Same as we have to "go to YouTube" to use either other's videos or create our own for the TVs.  So, don't see why that isn't exactly the case with last.FM stereos.  It does read, based on what you posted, the same way.  Either use someone else's (place for user title), or create your own, by "going to last.FM".

I hope you try, and let us know.  I have wondered about last.FM myself ;)

Well I did try out the last.fm,  I went to the website and made my own little playlist.  It wasn't too hard to do, but as soon as I configured my stereo to my username it kept giving me that the station could not be reached or something like that and to find a new station.  :??:    So I went back and switched some songs, but still got the same cannot reach a certain station error.

So I said to heck with that, got my refund for the last.fm stereo and got myself a Seeqpod. :)  Seeqpod is SO much easier than the last.fm.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 01:23 PM »

Fantasy:
I'm glad to hear this worked out for you in the end.  There are times when the Seeqpod does go out due to connection or streaming issues.  If it happens, just know it is nothing you did.  :)

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 01:06 PM »

There are times when the Seeqpod does go out due to connection or streaming issues.  If it happens, just know it is nothing you did.  :)

Isn't that when we all play really OLD tunes on our stereos?  Well the streaming issues anyway.   :lolg:

Agree with the majority here... Seeqpod is a lot easier to configure and work with than the last.FM.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 04:10 PM by AstroGigiblue »

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 02:45 PM »

There are times when the Seeqpod does go out due to connection or streaming issues.  If it happens, just know it is nothing you did.  :)

Isn't that when we all play really OLD tunes on our stereos?  Well the steaming issues anyway.   :lolg:

Agree with the majority here... Seeqpod is a lot easier to configure and work with than the last.FM.

The Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffett, and songs like Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini are current songs...right?   I need island music.

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 04:12 PM »

Isn't that when we all play really OLD tunes on our stereos?  Well the streaming issues anyway.   :lolg:

The Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffett, and songs like Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini are current songs...right?   I need island music.

LOL!   Mhmmm... yep sure they are.   ;)

Island music like um.... "Cheeseburger in Paradise"?   ;)
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up