VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First VMK Memories Thread  (Read 15872 times)

Decoy

• Head Decoy In Charge
    Yet Still Just a Decoy...

Where'd he go now?
  • HDIC
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Nothing to See Here...
    • CRS - Caffeinated & Requiring Sugar
First VMK Memories Thread
« on: June 02, 2008, 12:32 PM »

:hisign:

Just wanted it to be more obvious that you can post threads in this board.  :tongue3:
...ʞɔɐq ʎɯ uo ʇɐ1ɟ ...sɐʍ ı ǝɹǝɥʇ

fantasymooma

Re: First VMK Memories Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 09:54 AM »

When I first joined VMK I wasn't hooked, but when our family went down to Florida and I did the In-Park Quests and saw how much stuff I got I just had to go back to the room and get onto VMK.  This was during the Summer and if I remember correctly the waterslide came out that year and my Mom was apart of the Boogies Team for the competition.  After that Summer I always looked foward to going down to Disney just to get my VMK Quest Items along with the Gold Ears, Happiest Celeb. on Earth Pin, Wanted Poster, and Penny Press.

For Christmas that year I got the BEST present from Santa ever!  My first full set of Pirate Pins.  Woot!  What a great day that was, until I entered them and instead of getting the back of my ship I got the Post and Stool. LOL  It was never fixed, but I traded for the front since I just HAD to have it.

Those were the days. :)

thealienstitch

• Lag may not be a new item,
    but it is Free and
    only half the calories
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
  • Blood Type: Espresso
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 01:10 AM »

I remember creating my first and second characters in Innoventions at DLR, and then meeting my first ever VMK friend SunnyOtter, who is today one of my best friends in real life, and was one of my wife Boo's bridesmaids in our wedding. I will miss VMK ever so much.....................Fee
The good old days, the honest man, The restless heart, the Promised Land. A subtle kiss that no one sees, A broken wrist and a big trapeze. Oh well I don't mind, if you don't mind. 'Cause I don't shine if you don't shine. Before you go, can you read my mind?- "Read My Mind" by The Killers

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 12:06 PM »

My first memories of VMK are of looking over Decoy's shoulder while he made a "credit run" and thinking that it was a silly thing to spend time on. Then I got on this forum and started to realize what a fun bunch of crazy folks hung out here and after a month or so joined in the fun in VMK and found myself doing those same silly "credit runs" just to collect stuff that didn't really exist.

Damn, I really miss the place. :rum:
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
  • "The sun never sets on those who ride into it."
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 01:04 PM »

I remember seeing it on the "otherplace" about a new online game and on the beta site before it was open. Being very excited about seeing the magic from home ^.^.
Then somebody on the "other place"  posted it was open. I rushed over and joined. I never figured that place would find me, my best friends :)

too many memories, but never forgotten :'(
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 01:06 PM by Patchy »

I heart my toaster

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 06:44 PM »

Oh the Beta days, and the very early days of vmk.  (can I talk about that here? much to sensor  :lolg:)

I miss the first pirates game. I could actually play it!   haha!
it was so amazing to be playing a game with my friends and not be in the same room!
(oops did I just date myself  :lolg:)
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 08:40 PM »

:'(   Okay, so you all got me to shed a tear now.   :cry:

First VMK Memory for me was when I first signed onto the game in 11/06.  I signed up to try VMK, during the Ebay promotion.  Entered the kingdom wearing my dream shirt, and couldn't figure out why all these strangers wanted my shirt!   :??:

Meeting Happy within the first few weeks of playing VMK.  We were both in a player guest room/generator spin game room.  The owner vanished after I won.   :'(   Happy being the happy girl she is, offered to give me a prize from her own inventory.  To which I declined, but we stayed vmk friends ever since meeting that day.   :hug:

I totally agree with Papa ~ Credit Runs!  LOL!   :lolg:   We are a bunch of loonies huh?   ;)    I miss so many friends that I've lost contact with.  And of course VMK the game itself.   So many memories.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 11:13 PM »

My first memories of vmk was logging in on Aug 6th 2006 and then calling my sister Peasy and asking her what to do . She told me to go into the shops and click the cash registers. After that I was hooked. We could go shopping for Disney things? Woot! Then she showed me her room and I was mesmerized by all her stuff. It wasn't much, but to a newbe, it was the beez kneez.
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

Decoy

• Head Decoy In Charge
    Yet Still Just a Decoy...

Where'd he go now?
  • HDIC
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Nothing to See Here...
    • CRS - Caffeinated & Requiring Sugar
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 11:46 AM »

Oh the Beta days, and the very early days of vmk.  (can I talk about that here? much to sensor  :lolg:)

I miss the first pirates game. I could actually play it!   haha!
it was so amazing to be playing a game with my friends and not be in the same room!

The only thing we censor here is BS. Share away... :thumb:
...ʞɔɐq ʎɯ uo ʇɐ1ɟ ...sɐʍ ı ǝɹǝɥʇ

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 12:04 PM »

ROFLMAO!!  OMG!!  I know precisely what Rosie is talking about, cause I was part of it!!  Nope.. we best let it rest gf!  HAHA!  Oh my those were the "closings"!!  That was the "way back" when VMK started.  I think we started those closings sometime in June of 2005 (?), and oh my.. let's just say VMK was not monitoring talk back then.  If they had been, they would have been much more interested in our closings, rather than the Surf Spot's alcoholic drinks!!

:drinkingtoast:  gf!
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 07:19 PM »

ROFLMAO!!  OMG!!  I know precisely what Rosie is talking about, cause I was part of it!!  Nope.. we best let it rest gf!  HAHA!  Oh my those were the "closings"!!  That was the "way back" when VMK started.  I think we started those closings sometime in June of 2005 (?), and oh my.. let's just say VMK was not monitoring talk back then.  If they had been, they would have been much more interested in our closings, rather than the Surf Spot's alcoholic drinks!!

:drinkingtoast:  gf!

:drinkingtoast: Yup, Yup, Yup!  :lolg:  :drinkingtoast:
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Princess Mod
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 10:41 PM »

This thread has been so interesting thus far because we did not begin playing until late August 2007. Clearly we became hooked fast! I love hearing all of your Beta and early game stories - sounds like a blast!  :dance2:

I had been waiting for a while to try out VMK, but as my illness worsened, sitting at our computer became impossible for me. Once we had laptops, VMK was one of the first things we signed up for. I got on first to check things out and get to know the game a little before the kids signed on. I knew nothing about the game - or online games in general so I was going into this as a total newbie! I remember creating my little avatar - so much fun - and then entering the "Esplanade". Then I was totally overwhelmed!  :lolg:

Chat was appearing all over the screen and there were all of these menu buttons. I wish I had a video of what I must have looked like.  :rofl1: I have never felt so old in my entire life! I kept saying, "I will never understand this stuff" and "Maybe I am just too old to get the hang of this". Within a couple of days, I began to get the hang of things a bit and realized we could actually buy things and that is what our rooms were for!

I actually met a group of ladies talking about their "hub.by" and completely flipped out - there were other adults! I was not some crazy 30 something playing VMK! Several of the girls gave me some helpful hints and some items to get me started. One friend even gave me something called "bat magic". I had no idea what that was at the time, but I placed it on my lanyard. Long story short, a few hours later I learned what a scam was and the bat magic was gone. Soon after, I found Mal's guide to the game and learned about NPC's, games, and all of the things we would come to love about this community.

I was ready to give up that first night and I never would have dreamed of all the real friendships that would come from this virtual world. We still miss it - every day.  :'(

Kat

• Damn Freaking Kat
    She Bites!!!
     ;)
    The evil pancake bunny
    haunts me wherever I go!!

I am standing on
    the precipice of old!!
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 03:46 AM »

I didn't start playing vmk until the second year.  My first person that I met was Days.  She was so nice to answer questions I had and she gave me a pair of black mickey ears.  I was floored!  She didn't know me from Adam and we had just met, but she gave me that gift.  When I tried to see if I could do something for her she simply told me to "pay it forward". 

It was that statement that led me to meet grumpy.  He had posted that he was looking for something that I happened to have (I honestly don't remember what it was now lol) and I met him in game to gift it.  After that, he introduced me to Purpleduck, and Ant, and Bright, and it just grew from there until I had a wonderful circle of friends.

Well Days, I want you to know that I tried to "pay it forward" as much as I could in my time at vmk.  Seems like every time I did though, someone else would surprise me with a gift again!  I had the best, most giving friends on vmk.  I can't even begin to list all of the people or the items that I was gifted.  I witnessed so many people who would hear that someone they knew was trying to get something and it was like an apb went out.  Suddenly everyone was looking for that item.  And it was the best when we could all gather to see that person get their surprise. 
I saw people ride dark rides to infinity and beyond not just for themselves, but so they could share with their friends.
I saw people asking hosts to give items they had won to others during dreams month.
I saw so many hours of playing friendly pirates to help people get much needed credits.
I could go on, you get the idea... all the bad stuff I have forgotten, but the spirit that everyone had on vmk will be what I remember and miss.
________
Kathy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

FurballWench

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 03:38 PM »

I didn't start playing vmk until the second year.  My first person that I met was Days.  She was so nice to answer questions I had and she gave me a pair of black mickey ears.  I was floored!  She didn't know me from Adam and we had just met, but she gave me that gift.  When I tried to see if I could do something for her she simply told me to "pay it forward". 

It was that statement that led me to meet grumpy.  He had posted that he was looking for something that I happened to have (I honestly don't remember what it was now lol) and I met him in game to gift it.  After that, he introduced me to Purpleduck, and Ant, and Bright, and it just grew from there until I had a wonderful circle of friends.

Well Days, I want you to know that I tried to "pay it forward" as much as I could in my time at vmk.  Seems like every time I did though, someone else would surprise me with a gift again!  I had the best, most giving friends on vmk.  I can't even begin to list all of the people or the items that I was gifted.  I witnessed so many people who would hear that someone they knew was trying to get something and it was like an apb went out.  Suddenly everyone was looking for that item.  And it was the best when we could all gather to see that person get their surprise. 
I saw people ride dark rides to infinity and beyond not just for themselves, but so they could share with their friends.
I saw people asking hosts to give items they had won to others during dreams month.
I saw so many hours of playing friendly pirates to help people get much needed credits.
I could go on, you get the idea... all the bad stuff I have forgotten, but the spirit that everyone had on vmk will be what I remember and miss.

Very well said Kat. This and all the other posts in this thread make me smile every time I read them. We really do have some special people we met in vmk and continue to have fun with here on this board. You all are great.
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH
Pages: [1]   Go Up