VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shaking Trees, bushes and kicking those Rocks  (Read 14153 times)

Starshinebelle

Shaking Trees, bushes and kicking those Rocks
« on: June 01, 2008, 01:48 PM »

Hi people,                               :hisign:

Has anyone gotten money from shaking the trees and bushes or kicking the rocks lately?
             I spent a good amount of time yesterday and got nothing.  :ohmy:
             Same with the past couple of days.
             Plenty of paper though, Gaians do need to pick up more often{ their mothers do not work there  :no: }

Or am I getting to shake after everyone else has done so and nothing is left?   :??:

Star*

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic
Re: Shaking Trees, bushes and kicking those Rocks
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 02:09 PM »

much like the scoring in the games - I can't figure it out but if you keep at it you will eventually fin money growing on trees.  I think it regenerates after a period of time. Just as flowers regrow more bugs enter and and more trash appears.

Incidently if two people are in the same room they don't seem to see the same bugs. :wtf?:

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 03:09 PM »

I tried to shake a few trees but I got nothing from them so I let down

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 03:13 PM »

much like the scoring in the games - I can't figure it out but if you keep at it you will eventually fin money growing on trees.  I think it regenerates after a period of time. Just as flowers regrow more bugs enter and and more trash appears.

Incidently if two people are in the same room they don't seem to see the same bugs. :wtf?:

Lots of stuff I did not know!  Thanks for sharing!

Didn't realize people in the same room didn't see the same bugs either.  That's odd!

Just curious ... what are the gold amounts you can get from shaking trees?  I usually don't get anything either, so I was just curious.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 03:25 PM »

The money trees, etc..  seem to have dried up for me as well.

Yes, the neighborhoods are trashy.  Good thing there isn't a home owners association on Gaia.  Lots of people would be in trouble.

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 03:31 PM »

Didn't realize people in the same room didn't see the same bugs either.  That's odd!

Just curious ... what are the gold amounts you can get from shaking trees?  I usually don't get anything either, so I was just curious.
I find nothing most of the time - otherwise it ranges between 1 and 10 gold.  I spent an hour looking for a red butterfly with a friend and she could not find one - at one point she mentioned she was not seeing the bug I was catching.  Finally I saw a red butterfly and was trying to get her to catch it - it was not there for her.

Yes, the neighborhoods are trashy.  Good thing there isn't a home owners association on Gaia.  Lots of people would be in trouble.
I think that was the idea behind Days putting together a neighborhood - but in the end it isn't that easy.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 04:03 PM »

I find nothing most of the time - otherwise it ranges between 1 and 10 gold.  I spent an hour looking for a red butterfly with a friend and she could not find one - at one point she mentioned she was not seeing the bug I was catching.  Finally I saw a red butterfly and was trying to get her to catch it - it was not there for her.

Thanks, great stuff to know!   :thumb:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 04:50 PM »

I ageee the items see to go in cycles.  Some days I see mainly green paper. Other days I see mainly one or 2 colors of flowers.   I recently went through a few days where there were no bugs.  As of late the trees and rocks have not been kind.  Usually I spend a few minutes each day wandering around picking things up and shaking trees. 

I'm hoping someday they offer a reindeer tatoo.   :jester2:   I want to have my bugs----> that get turned in to ink ready. 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 05:15 PM »

Okay...I just did my walk around.  Earlier there were green dragonflies and yellow butterfiles.  :flwr: Now I am seeing lots of blue paper, blue butterflies, and assorted bugs.  Oh, and just to prove me wrong  :uhuh3:...a few coins dropped for the trees and shrubs too.

I am wondering if the cycle has to do with player time or the time of day in Gaia.  Anyone?

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 06:03 PM »

Okay...I just did my walk around.  Earlier there were green dragonflies and yellow butterfiles.  :flwr: Now I am seeing lots of blue paper, blue butterflies, and assorted bugs.  Oh, and just to prove me wrong  :uhuh3:...a few coins dropped for the trees and shrubs too.

I am wondering if the cycle has to do with player time or the time of day in Gaia.  Anyone?

I wish I knew now Happy!  That is so funny.  Figures, go and try to figure it out, and all the theories are out the window!  Oh well.  Hopefully someone has some answers. 

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 05:23 AM »

I think that was the idea behind Days putting together a neighborhood - but in the end it isn't that easy.

Yes I've heard that moving can be a difficult process.  For which Days should be commended for the mass moving project she undertook the other day.

I was just noting that I seem to be findiing a lot of trash lately, as opposed to bugs and coins.

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 10:30 AM »

Yes I've heard that moving can be a difficult process.  For which Days should be commended for the mass moving project she undertook the other day.

I was just noting that I seem to be findiing a lot of trash lately, as opposed to bugs and coins.

I thought you meant trashy people ;)

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 11:41 AM »

Aww hugs.  :hug: We would have had a lot more if more ppl were online. *drat* I'm willing to help move the next group (see VMK Refugee Guild on Gaia)...there just needs to be a new coordinator, since they need to make the first move. FYI: I'm unavailable this Friday -- Monday.

I added info to the Guide on how to organize a community move in Gaia. :)

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 06:54 PM »

Well, there are those too!!!   :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 10:21 PM »

:lolg:

Hey!  I did fix the rip in my pants, I'll have you all know.   :lolb:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 11:20 AM »

LOL.  So you finally got tired of flashing your high.knee in those torn black jeans?   :rofl1: 

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 03:46 PM »

LOL.  So you finally got tired of flashing your high.knee in those torn black jeans?   :rofl1: 

Yes, I did!   - note to self-  In the future, when buying clothing items for use in Gaia.  Be sure to view all possible angles (in the virtual fitting room), before purchasing the item in question!  Who would have ever known I would have bought a ripped pair of black jeans?!   :blush:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Princess Mod
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 04:30 PM »

Yes, I did!   - note to self-  In the future, when buying clothing items for use in Gaia.  Be sure to view all possible angles (in the virtual fitting room), before purchasing the item in question!  Who would have ever known I would have bought a ripped pair of black jeans?!   :blush:

So, does this mean I finally get a chance to use this smiley...  :moon: ?
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 08:28 PM »

So, does this mean I finally get a chance to use this smiley...  :moon: ?

I believe you just did    :lolg:     haha ~ cute Princess!   ;)
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up