VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Years 2007 Pin Out  (Read 21025 times)

Daviedude

New Years 2007 Pin Out
« on: January 02, 2007, 04:10 PM »

By clicking the Q by your text line in vmk it is quest number 4 . have fun with this quest , it is simple trivia and requires NO games :D

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Flying Carpet Magic
Re: New Years 2007 Pin Out
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 05:02 PM »

I would add they have pulled the St. Patricks day .... I mean New years Big Green Mad Hatter's Hat

Disney Dreams

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 05:09 PM »

Okay - to things about the pin:

1st: All answers you may need are in the newsletter.  Here's a picture for you

2nd: Be very careful with trading this right now.

I heard it was not tradeable and could not believe it.  To test if it was tradeable, I tried to trade mine to hrhkit.  It went through without a hitch.  No less than 1 minute later, we went to trade it back.  It could not be done.

We sent a note to contact us.  Tried again.  And we are both happy to report, I have my pin back.  As curious as we are about whether this is due to our note or if it just keeps getting switched, we are NOT trying again.

Unless you are willing to lose it - I would be very very careful with trading that pin right now.

-Disney Dreams
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 12:02 AM by Disney Dreams »

hrhkit

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 05:15 PM »

Here is a pic of the error I got when trying to trade it back to Jegrezo...and interestingly the pin was not grayed out...it just would not go in the trade box...and I got the error:

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 06:01 PM »

hmm, that was a huge waist of my time it is currently grayed out and not tradeable. I suspected this if how they would be treating us this year.  LOL  i reserve future comments on the matter to the complaint board...I am guessing soon.

hrhkit

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 06:10 PM »

:wtf:

ah! so it is gray now? I had a feeling it was a bug!

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
  • Tiggers don't like honey! (or BS)
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 06:40 AM »

I hope this pin is still around today, my internet was down almost all day yesterday.  >:(
´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ♥ ~Jewel~ ♥ aka ShakeYerBootyWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 07:37 AM »

Pin is still available this morning - still not tradeable

tequoia

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 04:16 PM »

YEAH!! A quest I can actually do.....NO GAMES!!!! :lol: :lol:

ladyboadicea

• Sub Middle Maven
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 12:36 AM »

woot for that quest! It was so fast and easy, now I just need to find time to run a few clones through,  :lol:  I know you are thinking what is the point if it is not tradable but it sure will look cute on a clone lol  :notme:

hrhkit

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 09:50 AM »

woot for that quest! It was so fast and easy, now I just need to find time to run a few clones through,  :lol:  I know you are thinking what is the point if it is not tradable but it sure will look cute on a clone lol  :notme:

Well, if the suits at VMK were thinking that they would prevent us from running clones through by making it non-tradeable...all I can say to that to them is... :lol::moon: Because I ran every single one of mine on it! (I even found two more of my "missing" clones and did them too). And I have NEVER ran all of my clones through anything...

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 10:20 AM »

Well, if the suits at VMK were thinking that they would prevent us from running clones through by making it non-tradeable...all I can say to that to them is... :lol::moon: Because I ran every single one of mine on it! (I even found two more of my "missing" clones and did them too). And I have NEVER ran all of my clones through anything...
I believe that is why they made it non-tradable.  I also think this is the first of many things they will be introducing to make it a hostile environment for cloning and running clones.  Each of the changes they have earmarked for the New Year will have an effect on people with multiple characters.  From Epcot Pay turnstiles, making areas of the map not accessible to everyone, non-tradeable items, new host lines, ticketed rooms.  I am cynical enough to also believe the log in trouble we have been having especially when changing characters is intentional. Quests with crazy game requirements were there first effort followed by the non-tradeable items.  They will also be leaving us faced with the prospect of being deleted if not used enough.  So this will be a harsh year for those of us with clones. That said, I also have the new years pin on about 20 people.

hrhkit

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 10:36 AM »

Next they'll revamp the Jungle Cruise so we can't Ned while doing other stuff... :sb:

(And I only have 18 clones...so I'm not too worried about the whole clone issue...I never did do a lot of clone stuff).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 10:38 AM by hrhkit »

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2007, 12:51 PM »

I have run all of my clones through the silly quest, and for a pin I don't even like.

My thoughts are that this is an excellent way for them to "isolate" clones for deletion. 
   - they give you a quest you can't fail at, even supply the answers
   - they offer a very lame pin that has absolutely nothing to do with DISNEY
   - they make the pins untradeable
   - (my guess here) they leave it up for the entire month to give time for it to be done, even with vacations or school

I believe they are hoping most with clones will say, why bother?  Bingo.. there are the unused clones to be deleted, simply cause they didn't bother to do the easiest quest ever presented.

Daviedude

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2007, 02:23 PM »

so what your saying then purpleduck is that the future of my 273 clones isnt looking good ??? LOL

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 07:39 PM »

;D Daviedude!  My opinion doesn't matter for your clones!  Looks like you have the "over 50" issue to deal with!  ;D

Daviedude

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 02:40 PM »

:lol: OVER 50 LOL well its not just over 50 that i have to worry about, its all those poor ppl that have my initials on yahoo, OOPS LMAO!!! if no one owns between dg1 and dg400 on yahoo they are very lucky if so im sorry  :-\
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 03:54 PM by Daviedude »

ladyboadicea

• Sub Middle Maven
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 11:39 PM »

Very good points and I never thought about that!
Well I am glad to say all 11 of my clones have the 2007 pin on them :) I have even ran all of them through all the tomorrowland magic quests, I decided to do that after they took away the kelloggs magic.

I have run all of my clones through the silly quest, and for a pin I don't even like.

My thoughts are that this is an excellent way for them to "isolate" clones for deletion. 
   - they give you a quest you can't fail at, even supply the answers
   - they offer a very lame pin that has absolutely nothing to do with DISNEY
   - they make the pins untradeable
   - (my guess here) they leave it up for the entire month to give time for it to be done, even with vacations or school

I believe they are hoping most with clones will say, why bother?  Bingo.. there are the unused clones to be deleted, simply cause they didn't bother to do the easiest quest ever presented.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 11:54 PM »

Oh yes LadyB!  All of mine have their diving, driving, and space flight permissions, but for a slightly different reason.  Um.. well, you see being a "quest-a-holic" duck.. not only were those quests in themselves.. but for quite a while there, you needed at least diving for the majority of the other quests in VMK.  So they HAD to have all those done!    :D

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up