VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gaia Online  (Read 31611 times)

fantasymooma

Gaia Online
« on: May 17, 2008, 11:10 AM »

My Mom pointed this out to me today after she read about it on the DIS, so I'm sure most of you have seen or read about it already.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/

My Mom played it infront of me for a little and it seems really neat. You can play games to earn gold coins (their version of money), walk around shaking trees to find Gold Coins and talk to others.  It sorta reminds me of Animal Crossing from Nintendo's Game Cube.  I am going to register soon and I was wondering if anyone else is registered or are playing to register.

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
Re: Gaia Online
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 11:43 AM »

I play that game, I am having fun with buying tickets then selling them back  :rofl2:

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 01:14 PM »

There is a group of 40+ VMK "refugees" playing on there.   One in particular I know has been playing a year.  It is not VMK, but it is fun to meet up in a puzzle room with a few VMK friends and talk without much restriction.  I will post more on it later if I get a chance.  I have been wandering around a few weeks just to see my friends and sleep less.  I would not turn a young one lose in there, much content is deemed inappropriate.  chat and info exchange is pretty much unlimited and it has normal player count of 85K during the day 40K at night. - PG13 is content restriction but I have seen beyond that and chat is pretty bad outside locked rooms.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 01:17 PM by Adventuredaz »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 06:38 PM »

I have been signed up for Gaia for a little over a month now I believe.  Though I haven't spent much time on there.  I'm fighting the change of VMK being no more at the moment.   :madder:

I still am such a Newbie at Gaia.  I found for myself obtaining Gaia gold (this games credit currency) is not easy.  Also the items are very expensive in the game.

There is a VMK Guild already set up if anyone was interested.  MichelleXL from VMK set it up.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 06:27 PM »

I have found that Gaia has quickly made me feel more at ease about VMK's demise.  I'm sure it's due to the fact that many friends can still get together and look just as cute and be just as, if not more, silly. TeeHee! :thumbs:

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 06:31 AM »

Is there anyway to get into a friend house or to know where your friend has his/her house without asking the person and without having the friend having his/her house shown on his/her profile ?

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 08:31 AM »

Is there anyway to get into a friend house or to know where your friend has his/her house without asking the person and without having the friend having his/her house shown on his/her profile ?

Yes -- if you know someone's profile and if their house is unlocked, you can always get in. If someone has their house set to "friends only," then you can only get in if you're a friend. If someone's house is locked, you cannot get in.

For example, my house is set to "friends only." If you know someone's profile, you can get into their house. My profile link is http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/10113922

My house link is  http://www.gaiaonline.com/homes/?user=10113922

All you have to do is change the number that comes after "user=" to the same number that is in the profile of the person's house you wish to visit. Then put that link into your browser location bar. :)

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 08:43 AM »

Yes -- if you know someone's profile and if their house is unlocked, you can always get in. If someone has their house set to "friends only," then you can only get in if you're a friend. If someone's house is locked, you cannot get in.

For example, my house is set to "friends only." If you know someone's profile, you can get into their house. My profile link is http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/10113922

All you have to do is change the number that comes after "user=" to the same number that is in the profile of the person's house you wish to visit. Then put that link into your browser location bar. :)
oh thank you, can I say I did not look at the url  when I was on gaia :blush: Guess I need to decorate my house in case some people would be wanting to step in q:

lab_girl

• Are my results in yet?
    From the Smurf Generation
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 09:10 AM »

:thumb: OK, I have signed up.
 :'( But, I had to send a 'help me' letter already - it seems the program doesn't want to send me a verification Email. (I did try to re-send, it gives me an error)

...on the good side...while trying to figure out how to get the friggin 'verification Email thing' I have earned 3 gold coins  :hmmmm:

:fishing: :cheerleader: :pbook: :pbounce: :tigger: :pmickey:
     DH                      DD       DS    DS    DS

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 09:53 AM »

My verification was in my bulk/trash folder.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 10:20 AM by Adventuredaz »

fantasymooma

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 10:35 AM »

Thank you Days for the guide.  :hug:

For all those who have registered for Gaia Online, I would love to know what your name is on the game :)

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 10:48 AM »

Welcome to Gaia, everyone. Send me a friend request -- I'm AmberDaze.  :waveh: (To send a friend request: Click on "My Gaia" --> "Friends and Enemies" --> In the search box where it says "Search for User," put in title you're searching for and either click the arrow key or hit enter on your keyboard. When that title comes up, click the box under "Select," and then scroll down to the bottom where it says, "Add Friend." You've just sent a friend request.  :)

PMs are located under "My Gaia" --> "Mail." :)

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

TikiTangaroaRu

• Philharmagic Chair
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 10:52 AM »

I signed up for Gaia a few days ago, and boy do I ever feel like a newbie, lol!

I'm TikiTangaroaRu over there as well.  :)

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 10:56 AM »

I am Hakihea on Gaia, Kasiks has been used by someone else than me :rant2: (oh and I still need to work on the layout of my profile  :crazy:)

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 10:58 AM »

Hey Tiki, hugs.  :hug: I sent you a friend request. :)

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

TikiTangaroaRu

• Philharmagic Chair
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 11:13 AM »

Hugs Days!  :hug:  Now if only Gaia had a fireworks game.....

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 11:17 AM »

Hugs Days!  :hug:  Now if only Gaia had a fireworks game.....

*Sigh* *Sigh* That would be awesome...

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

lab_girl

• Are my results in yet?
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 04:41 PM »

:wavet: They replied to my help Email... and I am now VERIFIED!

I am RealLab_Girl - once AGAIN lab_girl was taken by someone who ISN'T the Real lab_girl!

Look forward to figuring this game out... now off to figure out if I have enough gold to buy shoes ;)

(PS. can we change our hair, eye, skin color once we are playing? I probably should have taken more time when chosing if we can't  :o )

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 04:52 PM »

I also joined Gaia recently as Antjewel. Fortunately it wasn't taken yet. I am still learning the ropes however. Got a few Skittles items today by doing a quest. It is a cute game but boy oh boy, some of the language and conversations in that game..  :blush:
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 06:33 PM »

You can delete your avatar once you've created it (so you can change eyes, hair and skin color). You'll still keep everything in your inventory. :)

Ant -- the language is what keeps many of us playing together in private rooms. We tell each other what server we usually play on, and give each other our passwords. This way, if we see our friends online, we can see if they're playing in a room without sending them a pm. :)

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 11:35 PM »

I must be "lucky" since I've joined I've not meet any rude players even the day I had the puzzle room open to public people were nice ^^

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 11:52 PM »

I think I may have seen a language filter setting in the profile...or was I seeing things?
I have the same title as vmk over there. I need to take some time take care of some real life things after VMK, but will be around for sure in another online world.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008, 12:19 AM »

I have yet to set up a home.  Is there any area where most of "us" are setting up home?  Any benefit to a specific home or area?  Thanks!

BitBehindWench

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008, 12:32 AM »

Yes, there is a language filter in your account area, but it does not filter out everything. Obsenities and many adult topics still get through. *sigh*

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

lab_girl

• Are my results in yet?
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 08:11 AM »

I have yet to set up a home.  Is there any area where most of "us" are setting up home?  Any benefit to a specific home or area?  Thanks!
I too am curious where our NoBS area will be - would be cool if we could be together
 :drinkingtoast2:

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 08:35 AM »

Silly me...I picked up my house before I had another plot to place it on -- thought I would be able to move it next to a friend, but I didn't check to see if there were any vacancies first. :( So now I'm waiting to gather at least 5 other friends so we can try and get our houses down in the same section (there are 6 plots in each). Plots fill sooo quickly, so if you're going to find a place next to a friend, you should try and arrange a time to do it and then one person should find a plot and place their house down first. Then they should pm their plot to the next person, and that person puts their house down..and so on.

I would start out by clicking on "Place my own home" and then look for a section that has at least 6 vacant plots. You can click a direction to find there there are the most vacancies (east, west, etc.). :)

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 02:26 PM »

go look at my house there are vacancies

NVM - they moved in next door let me know when to pick up and move
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 02:43 PM by Adventuredaz »

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 02:48 PM »

go look at my house there are vacancies

NVM - they moved in next door let me know when to pick up and move

Cough...Anyone care to post some very basic info (needed remedial Gaia)
House locating, buying, and moving info... Like hmm how would I have found your house? Seriously.  Most of the time I have been on Gaia is after 2am and the brain is pretty dead. 
I really have not had much time to spend on Gaia and so I am a bit (okay a lot) out of it...Can I buy my house, carry it and place it later? And how? I am good at picking flowers though!   :flwr: Not sure whatI do with them but I have them.  :rofl1:

BitBehindWench

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 03:14 PM »

OH! I know this one!

I put my house (sad as it may be) in my profile so you can visit.  But apparently lots fill up in like a few hours.  have to work as team to get together.  Its a little tricky but you can use the world directory to find friends houses but it is bad. Days is the expert - so she may know better ways. 

As you pick up trash and flowers and bugs these items (in large quantities) can be traded in at the shops.  At BartonFlowershoppe Rina has an exchange them for a bouquet - if you have ink ( from trading bugs ) you can then dye the paper. Caveat - There is also a cost in gold associated with the flower exchange unlike the paper and bugs

By the way we are all there at 2 am - some of us may be asleep - but we are there.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 03:23 PM by Adventuredaz »

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2008, 04:56 PM »

I put my house (sad as it may be) in my profile so you can visit.  But apparently lots fill up in like a few hours.  have to work as team to get together.  Its a little tricky but you can use the world directory to find friends houses but it is bad. Days is the expert - so she may know better ways. 

This is from my guide in the Tips section:

Everyone has a link to their house address -- if you're in the HOUSE area, click on the link below "Share my home." Just PM the address to all your friends. The bad thing is, you can only have 5 links to your friends' homes in your Directory. What I did, is paste my friends' house URLs into a txt file and saved it on my computer. This way you can save as many as you like, then just cut and paste it into your browser. Woot!

If you know someone's profile and if their house is unlocked, you can always get in. If someone has their house set to "friends only," then you can only get in if you're a friend. If someone's house is locked, you cannot get in.

My house link is http://www.gaiaonline.com/homes/?user=10113922 (I'm currently plotless, so you shouldn't be able to get in)

MY GAIA --> MY HOUSE --> Once you're inside your own house, click on Directory. This will show you a map, and your house lot will be blinking. If you click on ZOOM OUT on the top left, you can search for other areas in Gaia Towns. You can also look for an empty lot if you haven't placed your house yet, or view population in each area -- if you click on VIEW POPULATION and hover your cursor over the boxes, you will see how many ppl are in each instance. Red areas have more ppl. If you want to stay in your house after viewing the Directory, just click close on the bottom right.

By the way, you can also make your house open only to friends if you want (highly suggestible). In your HOUSE window, there are preferences listed at the bottom. You can also go into your ACCOUNT area from MY GAIA.

By the way we are all there at 2 am - some of us may be asleep - but we are there.

*Cough* I have no idea what you're talking about.  :crazy3:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 04:57 PM by AmberDaze »

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 10:29 PM »

I'm Gigi_Forever on Gaia.  I have been signed up at Gaia for a little over a month now.  Although, I still have no idea what I'm doing.  hehe.

I have not bought a house yet.  So maybe once someone finds a plot, we can move there?

Panda

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2008, 02:00 PM »

Just popped in to say Hi and my title on Gaia is Panda Pandora (previously IamPandora on vmk)
Hugs to all!!
Panda

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2008, 02:07 PM »

Gaia is the only game I am going to play for now, I saw yesterday they also build a game, I dont know when it is going to be out but I would love to use swords with my character  :ls:

BooLani

• A Toddle Tail for a reasonable Fee...
  • Fireworks Magic
  • fighting one bit of paperwork at a time
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2008, 02:09 PM »

I remember trying Giai a few years back, they didn't have homes then (or they did and I was too lame to find them) and I would just shake the bushes in some park oping things would come out, what's changed other than homes? Dont even remember my login... I seem to remember just making an account to play with the avatar rofl

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2008, 03:49 PM »

I am finding it frustrating that whenever I do well in a mini game, the server goes down. I had a really good run going on a ball in pinball and right as i started the second ball, it said the server went down. Same thing with jigsaw. I was doing a 300 piece puzzle and when I had it 63 % done, the server went down. If thats the way its going to be, no thanks.
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2008, 03:55 PM »

I am finding it frustrating that whenever I do well in a mini game, the server goes down. I had a really good run going on a ball in pinball and right as i started the second ball, it said the server went down. Same thing with jigsaw. I was doing a 300 piece puzzle and when I had it 63 % done, the server went down. If thats the way its going to be, no thanks.
I have not been there long but have never had the server go down while in the room.  I did learn save the puzzle now and then since I got knocked out once by an thunderstorm.

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2008, 04:44 PM »

About pinball : http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/announcements/pinball-is-new-and-improved/t.40473251/ cant wait to test that tomorrow ^^

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2008, 04:56 PM »

It would be awesome if they would increase the number of ppl in puzzles and other games as well... 6 just isn't enough...

Yes, do save your games every few minutes -- you never know when you'll get disconnected from the server (although I have not disconnected much at all, but there's always the possibility).

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

fantasymooma

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2008, 05:13 PM »

Yay! I built my house!   I have 4 vacant spots in the town I am in, I would love to have any one of you as a neighbor.  Of course VMKGoofer will be in the Town.

7 Barton 058719 is my address I guess.

Well NVM, I walked out of my town be accident and when I went back there were Houses!  Wow it fills up fast in here!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 05:19 PM by fantasymooma »

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2008, 05:25 PM »

It DOES fill up rather quickly, which is why I haven't relocated my house yet lol. It's like once you buy a house, everyone wants to move there!  :lol:

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

fantasymooma

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2008, 05:54 PM »

Woot Goofer and I were able to relocate to the same town!  And then that town filled up rather quickly also.  But atleast I get to live next to VMKGoofer.  :hug:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 05:59 PM »

Yay! I built my house!   I have 4 vacant spots in the town I am in, I would love to have any one of you as a neighbor.  Of course VMKGoofer will be in the Town.

Well NVM, I walked out of my town be accident and when I went back there were Houses!  Wow it fills up fast in here!

Glad Goofer is your neighbor. Time to clean that yard now Fan.  Just look at the paper on the ground.   :roflmao:

BitBehindWench

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 05:59 PM »

Woot Goofer and I were able to relocate to the same town!  And then that town filled up rather quickly also.  But atleast I get to live next to VMKGoofer.  :hug:

Woot!! Better put some bug spray on as well. hehe!!

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

fantasymooma

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008, 06:04 PM »

Glad Goofer is your neighbor. Time to clean that yard now Fan.  Just look at the paper on the ground.   :roflmao:

Woot!! Better put some bug spray on as well. hehe!!

:rofl1: :rofl1: 

Just to let you all know I did clean up after the move.  It was a bit crazy with the 2 of us trying to find the same Lot. 
I'm not a messy person. ;)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2008, 06:32 PM »

:rofl1: If I knew how to get there I'd give you a hand.  I like picking the flowers and catching the bugs. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 06:33 PM by souper_happy »

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2008, 08:52 PM »

I like picking the flowers and catching the bugs. 

ROFL Happy!    :rofl3:

Starshinebelle

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2008, 09:45 AM »

I like picking the flowers and catching the bugs. 

ROFL Happy!    :rofl3:

That seems to be what  I am good at too Let's go pick together some time :peace:
Star*

fantasymooma

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2008, 10:48 AM »

I just have to say, with all the surfing I did on everyones profiles, I love all of your Avatars!  You all look so Beautiful.  Hopefully I will be able to get up enough Gold to buy a dress. :)

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2008, 01:40 PM »

All I can say is...*cough* wishlist.....  :notme:

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2008, 01:43 PM »

Gosh Days, you and that cough of yours.   ;)   - hands Days a whole bottle of cough syrup -  :)

MichelleXL

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2008, 04:44 PM »

Haha, I think you gave me that cough ;) Love doing the sneak attacks, feels nice to be able to help  :dance3:

Hmm, so this is where you've all been. I'm so glad Adventure filled me in on this place  :)

Michelle

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2008, 06:14 PM »

Haha, I think you gave me that cough ;) Love doing the sneak attacks, feels nice to be able to help  :dance3:

Hmm, so this is where you've all been. I'm so glad Adventure filled me in on this place  :)

Michelle
:welcomef: Michelle, glad you made it.

fantasymooma

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2008, 06:27 PM »

Michelle

Yay! I am so glad to see you here!  Thanks so much for helping me with my hair. ;) :hug:

MichelleXL

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2008, 07:05 PM »

ty ty :)

Yay! I am so glad to see you here!  Thanks so much for helping me with my hair. ;) :hug:

woot, a girl's gotta come to the rescue when one of her friends has hair trouble ;)

Michelle

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2008, 07:12 PM »

ty ty :)

woot, a girl's gotta come to the rescue when one of her friends has hair trouble ;)

Michelle

Poor Fan was having a bad hair day on Gaia and VFK!  Now both seem to be better. :)

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2008, 10:52 PM »

Michelle

Hi Michelle!  Good to see you here!

:welcomef:

BooLani

• A Toddle Tail for a reasonable Fee...
  • Fireworks Magic
  • fighting one bit of paperwork at a time
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2008, 09:19 PM »

Ok, you got me reeled in, I went over to Gaia on the pure basis of curiosity... (and that cat got hugged not killed).... Of seeing if my account, If I could even remember the login, was still there. and hey guess what it still is lol.

BooLani on there too so if anyone wants to find me, im in a (at the moment empty area hehe.... kicking shrubs as I go :) )
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up