More Misc... [Public] > Cooking, Dining & Recipes

Let's talk about Salads

(1/4) > >>

Kat:
So what is your favorite salad that you make at home?

Mine is romaine lettuce, purple cabbage, spinach, carrots, green onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, corn, and water chestnuts and I will sometimes add turkey or chicken.  I almost always use ranch dressing, though I will sometimes mix salsa and sour cream together. 

What about you? 

candlelady:
MMM MMM

I don't really get excited about making salad at home, they are never the same as getting one out to dinner.   But I do make a mean Taco Salad:  Ground Turkey with Taco seasoning, Romaine lettuce mix with tortilla chips, grated cheese sour cream and taco sauce. Was a quick and easy meal we had on Cinco De Mayo  :)

papaduck:
Veggies are what food eats. :lolg:

Astro:
Well, let's see ...

My Dieting Salad is boring:  regular iceburg lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, croutons and fat free dressing - usually Caesar Italian.  With a scoop of low-fat cottage cheese.

My Regular enjoyable Salad is better:  regular iceburg lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, croutons, cheddar cheese shreds, blue cheese chunks, pieces of chicken or turkey breast and regular dressing - my favorites are Ranch or Blue Cheese.  And Regular Cottage Cheese.  Yum!

I hate carrots and peas.

I have to agree that for some reason my salads never taste as good as in a Restaurant!

Geez, can you tell I'm hungry about now?   :lolg:

funfly:
SaladWorks makes yummy (and large) salads ...I love that you can change some ingredients in it....my favorite there Spinach, dried cranberries, mushrooms, feta cheese, black olives with a thick raspberry vinaigrette

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version