VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any runners out there? What do you think about, or do, while you're running?  (Read 10245 times)

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

I was just wondering if any of you here on the forum jog for exercise. And if so, what do you do to distract yourself? I listen to my IPOD with a lot of motivating music, which helps a lot. Any ideas for me so I can break up the monotony?
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

BooLani

• A Toddle Tail for a reasonable Fee...
  • Fireworks Magic
  • fighting one bit of paperwork at a time

iPod is a must for me if and when I jog... Being lazy bones at the moment although a long walk around the river is as good when I climb up the bank to get a good view is just as good.

I dont suggest trying to play music quiz or Brick on an iPod whilst walking or jogging... I almost tripped in a rabbit hole last time I tried  :lolg:

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic

I think God I hope it doesn't catch me. :rofl1:

sorry, run not if I can help it.  only for emergencies at work.

Kat

• Damn Freaking Kat
    She Bites!!!
     ;)
    The evil pancake bunny
    haunts me wherever I go!!

I am standing on
    the precipice of old!!
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room

What about a book on tape (or in your case, on ipod), or would that be distracting instead of helpful?
________
Kathy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!
FurballWench

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!

I don't jog, the 62 year old knees don't like it........but when I'm walking, which I love to do,I just try and turn my mind loose and absorb my surroundings, listen to the birds, keep an eye out for critters, (bunnies, and such all about the local gardens), and enjoy the day. Always better being out in it than cooped up inside. :thumbs:
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Wonderful ideas everyone. I will try that book idea Kat. Not sure which book to get though. Maybe, "How to Run and Not Upchuck Your Breakfast?" Kidding aside, I might go for a good mystery or action adventure book. I will have to go to ITUNES and see what they have. Thanks Kat.

Papaduck, one of my favorite things to do is walk in San Francisco. I live about 30 miles away and when we spend the day there, I absolutely love to just walk and take in the architecture and culture that surrounds me. We once walked for over 10 miles all around the city from Telegraph Hill to Marina Green (almost to the Golden Gate Bridge) and it was a blast. Someday I would like to walk all the way across the Golden Gate bridge. Maybe that will be my goal this year to make it all the way. We have been half way across and ran out of time. You could say doing that is definetely on my bucket list.  :lolg:
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas

Wonderful ideas everyone. I will try that book idea Kat. Not sure which book to get though. Maybe, "How to Run and Not Upchuck Your Breakfast?" Kidding aside, I might go for a good mystery or action adventure book. I will have to go to ITUNES and see what they have. Thanks Kat.

Papaduck, one of my favorite things to do is walk in San Francisco. I live about 30 miles away and when we spend the day there, I absolutely love to just walk and take in the architecture and culture that surrounds me. We once walked for over 10 miles all around the city from Telegraph Hill to Marina Green (almost to the Golden Gate Bridge) and it was a blast. Someday I would like to walk all the way across the Golden Gate bridge. Maybe that will be my goal this year to make it all the way. We have been half way across and ran out of time. You could say doing that is definetely on my bucket list.  :lolg:

Don't have a "bucket list", just gonna do everything I want to do, and when I run out of things, start relaxing. :thumbs:

Princessconfused

I do half marathons.  Im 40 something and have done 4 of them in the past 2 years.  I dont really run but more like a super fast power walk.  I can keep the disney required pace of 16 minute mile.  I want to learn to run now so ultimatley I can do a full marathon someday.

Training for the half marathons I do about 200 miles.  Most on the tread mill and I use my iPod there.  On the street I used my iPod but i tend to get more caught up in the scenery.  The iPod gets me through the time though.  The longest run you do for a half training is 10 miles (If you can run 10 miles you can definetly do 13.)  Im a very visual person.  I love to see the flowers and in the desert where I live the cactus and other desert plant flowers are so beautiful. 

I am such a non athlete.  I began this half marathon just to see if I could do it and get the cool Disneyland medal.  I discovered I love long distance a lot!!  Especially the race day.

Decoy

• Head Decoy In Charge
    Yet Still Just a Decoy...

Where'd he go now?
  • HDIC
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Nothing to See Here...
    • CRS - Caffeinated & Requiring Sugar

I think...  :heat: I sure wish I could breath without my lungs burning...  :tan: Maybe I better rest :thumbs:
...ʞɔɐq ʎɯ uo ʇɐ1ɟ ...sɐʍ ı ǝɹǝɥʇ

lab_girl

• Are my results in yet?
    From the Smurf Generation
  • Bat Magic

:trophy: I run for fun, I will NEVER win the race, lol.  I like 5k, 10k, and 1/2 marathons. (I  just can't seem to be able to commit to the amount of TIME needed for training for a full marathon)
I listen to an iPod if I am running alone (what I am doing right now) but, when I am back in shape I have a couple groups of friends (one group does 10K's and the other is always training for 1/2 marathons) that I will run with.  We talk about life and all it's craziness when we are running in a group - was taught if you can't talk while running you are pushing yourself too hard.
There are MANY runners out there if you want to run with someone else.

IF anyone would like them - I have the John Stanton 'learn to run' book - I can post the 'Learn to Run' - going from walking to running. The '10k' training schedule, the 'half-marathon' training schedule... etc.

:fishing: :cheerleader: :pbook: :pbounce: :tigger: :pmickey:
     DH                      DD       DS    DS    DS

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....

No running for me (unless that weird stray dog  :crazy4: is chasing me) It's too rough on my knees...but I do walk.  I thought they said walking is just as good now, did I hear that wrong?

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas

No running for me (unless that weird stray dog  :crazy4: is chasing me) It's too rough on my knees...but I do walk.  I thought they said walking is just as good now, did I hear that wrong?

I'm with you on that.......my old knees don't like the abuse, but I love to walk.

You heard right! :thumbs:

Pages: [1]   Go Up