More Misc... [Public] > Health, Fitness & Well Being

Ant's Weight Loss challenge

(1/10) > >>

Antjewel:
Hi all! As you know I confessed earlier in the week that I need to lose about 30 pounds.  >:D Ever since my mother passed away in 2005 I have been steadily gaining a few pounds a month.  :uhuh3:

So now that VMK is closing and I will have no excuse to just sit on my duff anymore, I am really going to try and lose the extra pounds.  :weight:

I put a ticker in my signature so that you can all watch my progress. I am hoping if you will all keep an eye on that ticker and if it hasn't moved in a week or so, then let me have it!  :spank4: :paddle:

Also if you have any tips or suggestions on what worked for you or hasn't worked then by all means, post it here.

So far I have been running 3 times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights for about a mile to start. I am hoping that will jump start my weight loss. Are there any other fun exercises to try?

Thanks in advance for your support.

laurabearz:
Good for you ANt! I should do that same thing... I have gained... no joke... 19 lbs since I stopped smoking... yes folk, almost a pound a day gained by this non smoker!!!

I am not quite ready to give up food as a deterant, but once I can let go, I'll join you.

((hugs))

fantasymooma:
With Summer coming ever so fast, I would like to lose a few pounds also.  Ant bravo on you starting to run  :clap1:  Wish I could say the same.  Don't really want to go running with my 2 year old screaming her little head off everywhere.  :hmm:  But I have been thinking about going running lately.  As Ant said if there is someone out there with some Tips, give them up!  :thumb:

And bearz,  I am very proud of you with you being smoke free for 22 day!  :bow2:  :clapping: I have been meaning to say something. :)

Good Luck with everyone's Goals!  :weight:   :muscles:

Antjewel:

--- Quote from: laurabearz on April 15, 2008, 02:56 PM ---Good for you ANt! I should do that same thing... I have gained... no joke... 19 lbs since I stopped smoking... yes folk, almost a pound a day gained by this non smoker!!!

I am not quite ready to give up food as a deterant, but once I can let go, I'll join you.

((hugs))

--- End quote ---
Woot for you bearz!  :wavet: One health goal at a time my friend. I would say to stop smoking is way WAY harder than losing weight. So you have my full respect for going cold turkey and quitting that habit.  :flwr: I think you should take all that money your saving and go on a nice nice vacation.  :tan: :surf: Congrats bearz for you high resolve to quit! Good for you. And you can join me any time you like.  :bighug:

--- Quote from: fantasymooma on April 15, 2008, 03:08 PM ---With Summer coming ever so fast, I would like to lose a few pounds also.  Ant bravo on you starting to run  :clap1:  Wish I could say the same.  Don't really want to go running with my 2 year old screaming her little head off everywhere.  :hmm:  But I have been thinking about going running lately.  As Ant said if there is someone out there with some Tips, give them up!  :thumb:

And bearz,  I am very proud of you with you being smoke free for 22 day!  :bow2:  :clapping: I have been meaning to say something. :)

Good Luck with everyone's Goals!  :weight:   :muscles:

--- End quote ---

Thanks fantasy for the encouragement!  :hug: I understand about having your two year old along and trying to run. Running takes all my concentration right now. I have my IPOD to listen to and only have "pumped up" music on it.  :weight: No downer songs if you know what I mean.  :lolg:

When my daughter was little I used fitness videos to keep in shape. I bought some I really liked and while she was napping, I turned on the TV and got moving.  :dancegirls: :dancegirl: You could invest in a nice running stroller too. I know they are expensive, but if you are serious about starting the run, they are worth it. Try shopping at yard sales for the running strollers to get them cheaper. Your two year old just might like the ride with the wind in her face.  :hypno:

And you don't have to go far, just a 10 minute run can do wonders for your lungs. The first time I ran, I had asthma really bad, but now its a lot easier, so I am improving. Let me know what you decide to do, I am  :cheerleader: for you.

lab_girl:
 :2thunbs: Way to go Ant!
I am a running addict!

I started about 8 years ago. (I use the 'Running Room' training schedules by John Stanton... the run for ten minutes, walk for one.. etc.  Let me know if you want more info on these schedules - he has 10K, 22K and full marathon training schedules etc)

I have just started back after having my 2 boys - with which I have managed to gain 30lbs of excess baby weight - YIKES (as you can probably all see by my disney picture below)
So... I'm right there with you Ant!!  We can lose together  :thumbs:

I also like swimming - and when I joined the swimming club (before I got pregnant) it helped to REALLY get me in shape!

Keep us up to date on how you are doing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version