VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ant's Weight Loss challenge  (Read 35511 times)

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
Ant's Weight Loss challenge
« on: April 15, 2008, 01:18 PM »

Hi all! As you know I confessed earlier in the week that I need to lose about 30 pounds.  >:D Ever since my mother passed away in 2005 I have been steadily gaining a few pounds a month.  :uhuh3:

So now that VMK is closing and I will have no excuse to just sit on my duff anymore, I am really going to try and lose the extra pounds.  :weight:

I put a ticker in my signature so that you can all watch my progress. I am hoping if you will all keep an eye on that ticker and if it hasn't moved in a week or so, then let me have it!  :spank4: :paddle:

Also if you have any tips or suggestions on what worked for you or hasn't worked then by all means, post it here.

So far I have been running 3 times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights for about a mile to start. I am hoping that will jump start my weight loss. Are there any other fun exercises to try?

Thanks in advance for your support.
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

laurabearz

• Wasting Away in...
    Rum-ah-ritaville?!?
  • Invisibility Magic
  • It's Fun being Me.. Is it Fun being You?
Re: Ant's Weight Loss challenge
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 02:56 PM »

Good for you ANt! I should do that same thing... I have gained... no joke... 19 lbs since I stopped smoking... yes folk, almost a pound a day gained by this non smoker!!!

I am not quite ready to give up food as a deterant, but once I can let go, I'll join you.

((hugs))
You know there is never a good time to quit smoking but geez...

fantasymooma

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 03:08 PM »

With Summer coming ever so fast, I would like to lose a few pounds also.  Ant bravo on you starting to run  :clap1:  Wish I could say the same.  Don't really want to go running with my 2 year old screaming her little head off everywhere.  :hmm:  But I have been thinking about going running lately.  As Ant said if there is someone out there with some Tips, give them up!  :thumb:

And bearz,  I am very proud of you with you being smoke free for 22 day!  :bow2:  :clapping: I have been meaning to say something. :)

Good Luck with everyone's Goals!  :weight:   :muscles:

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 03:56 PM »

Good for you ANt! I should do that same thing... I have gained... no joke... 19 lbs since I stopped smoking... yes folk, almost a pound a day gained by this non smoker!!!

I am not quite ready to give up food as a deterant, but once I can let go, I'll join you.

((hugs))
Woot for you bearz!  :wavet: One health goal at a time my friend. I would say to stop smoking is way WAY harder than losing weight. So you have my full respect for going cold turkey and quitting that habit.  :flwr: I think you should take all that money your saving and go on a nice nice vacation.  :tan: :surf: Congrats bearz for you high resolve to quit! Good for you. And you can join me any time you like.  :bighug:

With Summer coming ever so fast, I would like to lose a few pounds also.  Ant bravo on you starting to run  :clap1:  Wish I could say the same.  Don't really want to go running with my 2 year old screaming her little head off everywhere.  :hmm:  But I have been thinking about going running lately.  As Ant said if there is someone out there with some Tips, give them up!  :thumb:

And bearz,  I am very proud of you with you being smoke free for 22 day!  :bow2:  :clapping: I have been meaning to say something. :)

Good Luck with everyone's Goals!  :weight:   :muscles:

Thanks fantasy for the encouragement!  :hug: I understand about having your two year old along and trying to run. Running takes all my concentration right now. I have my IPOD to listen to and only have "pumped up" music on it.  :weight: No downer songs if you know what I mean.  :lolg:

When my daughter was little I used fitness videos to keep in shape. I bought some I really liked and while she was napping, I turned on the TV and got moving.  :dancegirls: :dancegirl: You could invest in a nice running stroller too. I know they are expensive, but if you are serious about starting the run, they are worth it. Try shopping at yard sales for the running strollers to get them cheaper. Your two year old just might like the ride with the wind in her face.  :hypno:

And you don't have to go far, just a 10 minute run can do wonders for your lungs. The first time I ran, I had asthma really bad, but now its a lot easier, so I am improving. Let me know what you decide to do, I am  :cheerleader: for you.

lab_girl

• Are my results in yet?
    From the Smurf Generation
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 05:36 PM »

:2thunbs: Way to go Ant!
I am a running addict!

I started about 8 years ago. (I use the 'Running Room' training schedules by John Stanton... the run for ten minutes, walk for one.. etc.  Let me know if you want more info on these schedules - he has 10K, 22K and full marathon training schedules etc)

I have just started back after having my 2 boys - with which I have managed to gain 30lbs of excess baby weight - YIKES (as you can probably all see by my disney picture below)
So... I'm right there with you Ant!!  We can lose together  :thumbs:

I also like swimming - and when I joined the swimming club (before I got pregnant) it helped to REALLY get me in shape!

Keep us up to date on how you are doing!

:fishing: :cheerleader: :pbook: :pbounce: :tigger: :pmickey:
     DH                      DD       DS    DS    DS

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 08:22 PM »

Way to go Ant!!

Congratulations on setting a Goal, and going for it!!   Woot!!   You can do it!!
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 10:24 PM »

((hugs))
Woot for you bearz!  :wavet: One health goal at a time my friend. I would say to stop smoking is way WAY harder than losing weight. So you have my full respect for going cold turkey and quitting that habit.  :flwr: I think you should take all that money your saving and go on a nice nice vacation.  :tan: :surf: Congrats bearz for you high resolve to quit! Good for you. And you can join me any time you like.  :bighug:

Thanks fantasy for the encouragement!  :hug: I understand about having your two year old along and trying to run. Running takes all my concentration right now. I have my IPOD to listen to and only have "pumped up" music on it.  :weight: No downer songs if you know what I mean.  :lolg:

When my daughter was little I used fitness videos to keep in shape. I bought some I really liked and while she was napping, I turned on the TV and got moving.  :dancegirls: :dancegirl: You could invest in a nice running stroller too. I know they are expensive, but if you are serious about starting the run, they are worth it. Try shopping at yard sales for the running strollers to get them cheaper. Your two year old just might like the ride with the wind in her face.  :hypno:

And you don't have to go far, just a 10 minute run can do wonders for your lungs. The first time I ran, I had asthma really bad, but now its a lot easier, so I am improving. Let me know what you decide to do, I am  :cheerleader: for you.

I'm not a runner.......grouchy knees from abuse in my misbegotten youth.......but since my heart event I have taken up walking and lost a few pounds, the main thing is to be active and lower the food intake. My biggest food problem is that I used to graze all day, and the snacks add up. I stopped eating between meals and try to eat reasonable portions rather than eating until I feel full and that has helped.

Keep up the good work Bearz, even with some extra pounds you will be healthier without the smoking and in the long run thats the goal. :thumbs: :hug:

Extra days looking at grass rather than the roots are really worth the effort. :rofl1:
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 08:46 AM »

I am a running addict!

I started about 8 years ago. (I use the 'Running Room' training schedules by John Stanton... the run for ten minutes, walk for one.. etc.  Let me know if you want more info on these schedules - he has 10K, 22K and full marathon training schedules etc)

I have just started back after having my 2 boys - with which I have managed to gain 30lbs of excess baby weight - YIKES (as you can probably all see by my disney picture below)

I also like swimming - and when I joined the swimming club (before I got pregnant) it helped to REALLY get me in shape!

First of all let me say, lab_girl, that you are beautiful! In your picture you are so happy, and that is the main goal in life, to be happy and content. The weight loss is just for better health. We have to keep up with our children and our grandchildren when they come along!

Thanks for your comments of support. Yes, I would love more information on the training program you mentioned. Its a great coincidence we both have the same amount of weight to lose. I will be here for you every step of the way.

I am trying to think of a good day to "weigh in" and post my results here. I was thinking Friday might be good. I usually eat a little more on the weekends so Monday wouldn't be good, rofl. What do you think?

I'm not a runner.......grouchy knees from abuse in my misbegotten youth.......but since my heart event I have taken up walking and lost a few pounds, the main thing is to be active and lower the food intake. My biggest food problem is that I used to graze all day, and the snacks add up. I stopped eating between meals and try to eat reasonable portions rather than eating until I feel full and that has helped.

Keep up the good work Bearz, even with some extra pounds you will be healthier without the smoking and in the long run thats the goal. :thumbs: :hug:

Extra days looking at grass rather than the roots are really worth the effort. :rofl1:

Thanks papa for the pointers about "grazing". I actually am guilty of that myself. A few Hershey's kisses a day really adds up. My worst problem is the Jelly Beans and chocolate. I pop a few into my talk.her way too many times throughout the day. So I will make a pact right now today that I will not touch one Hershey's Kiss or Jelly Bean for one week. It will be difficult, but I know I can do it.

I will let you know how it goes by next Wednesday. If I am having a rough time I will come here and post and maybe that will take my mind off of it. LOL, I am so weak.

Oh and btw papaduck, I am so glad you are looking at the grass and not the roots.  :bighug: That comment made me smile.  :) So keep up the walking and moving, you are doing great!!!  :clapping: :clap1:

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 10:32 AM »

I am a running addict!

First of all let me say, lab_girl, that you are beautiful! In your picture you are so happy, and that is the main goal in life, to be happy and content. The weight loss is just for better health. We have to keep up with our children and our grandchildren when they come along!

Thanks for your comments of support. Yes, I would love more information on the training program you mentioned. Its a great coincidence we both have the same amount of weight to lose. I will be here for you every step of the way.

I am trying to think of a good day to "weigh in" and post my results here. I was thinking Friday might be good. I usually eat a little more on the weekends so Monday wouldn't be good, rofl. What do you think?

Thanks papa for the pointers about "grazing". I actually am guilty of that myself. A few Hershey's kisses a day really adds up. My worst problem is the Jelly Beans and chocolate. I pop a few into my talk.her way too many times throughout the day. So I will make a pact right now today that I will not touch one Hershey's Kiss or Jelly Bean for one week. It will be difficult, but I know I can do it.

I will let you know how it goes by next Wednesday. If I am having a rough time I will come here and post and maybe that will take my mind off of it. LOL, I am so weak.

Oh and btw papaduck, I am so glad you are looking at the grass and not the roots.  :bighug: That comment made me smile.  :) So keep up the walking and moving, you are doing great!!!  :clapping: :clap1:

Sort of one of those "if I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself things". :lolg:

Oh well.......of to cardio-rehab therapy. :thumbs:

Hang in there we are all behind you. :hug:

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 11:48 AM »

:weight: Ok, I was totally inspired last night by the biggest looser being a female this time!! I have no idea how to do that ticker thing but I'm on! She talked about being an athlete as a kid and a young woman and that was totally me. My wedding dress was a size 8 , and I'm not even going to tell what size I'm now. (24)  :ahh:  (omg did I say that)  :blush: anyway here goes nothing. I'm pumped!!!
 :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

fantasymooma

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 12:33 PM »

((hugs))

Good Luck with everyone's Goals!  :weight:   :muscles:

I always wondered about if those work out at home video things worked.  I was always skepical.  Everytime I watch TV and see the Paid Programs for the work out type videos they always draw me in and I want to buy them, but then I think what if they don't work... I'll just be wasting money.

So my question is what videos did you use?  And did they work?  Also which type of work out videos work the best for weight lose? ( these are for anyone who have also tried the videos.)

Oh and I also wanted to know where (as in the internet) can I find some recipes for some healthier cooking?  Some tasty food. ;)

fantasymooma

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 12:38 PM »

:weight: Ok, I was totally inspired last night by the biggest looser being a female this time!! I have no idea how to do that ticker thing but I'm on! She talked about being an athlete as a kid and a young woman and that was totally me. My wedding dress was a size 8 , and I'm not even going to tell what size I'm now. (24)  :ahh:  (omg did I say that)  :blush: anyway here goes nothing. I'm pumped!!!
 :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:  :weight:

We are here for you RosieC!

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 01:00 PM »

((hugs))

I always wondered about if those work out at home video things worked.  I was always skepical.  Everytime I watch TV and see the Paid Programs for the work out type videos they always draw me in and I want to buy them, but then I think what if they don't work... I'll just be wasting money.

So my question is what videos did you use?  And did they work?  Also which type of work out videos work the best for weight lose? ( these are for anyone who have also tried the videos.)

Oh and I also wanted to know where (as in the internet) can I find some recipes for some healthier cooking?  Some tasty food. ;)

Look here in the new "Cooking, Dining & Recipes" Board. Google is a good source too.:rum:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 01:02 PM by papaduck »

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 02:38 PM »

Best wishes to everyone.  And for you ladies I can certainly be your athletic supporter.   :cheerleader:   Walk, run, do what ever it takes.  But remember with exercise comes good and balanced nutrition.

RosieC

It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 03:05 PM »

Best wishes to everyone.  And for you ladies I can certainly be your athletic supporter.   :cheerleader:   Walk, run, do what ever it takes.  But remember with exercise comes good and balanced nutrition.

Aww...  Thanks Bright  :hug:
I didn't know you were a jock.  :rofl1:

PintsWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 07:00 PM »

Best wishes to everyone.  And for you ladies I can certainly be your athletic supporter.   :cheerleader:   Walk, run, do what ever it takes.  But remember with exercise comes good and balanced nutrition.

Aww...  Thanks Bright  :hug:
I didn't know you were a jock.  :rofl1:

ROFL!   My thoughts exactly!  Ha ~ that was funny!    :rofl1:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 11:30 AM »

Ant:
How is this going?
Hugs!
Happy

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 12:13 PM »

Well, sigh, as you can see, the pounds counter hasn't moved. I am going to weigh in this Friday and hopefully it will move by then!

We ran last night which felt great.

We had an unusual week and there were a lot of restaurants involved. hehe. I have to learn how to not eat my usual foods and budget a little better when we go. I am working on it and thank you Happy for letting me know there is someone "watching" my progress. Now when I go for those extra helpings I will say to myself, "I better not or Happy will kick my high.knee!"

The good news is, I have been keeping true to my not touching jelly beans or Hershey's kisses for the week. Yay!  :clap2: :clap1:

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 09:26 PM »

I lost a pound yesterday.......but I found it today. :lolg:

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 10:00 PM »

oh geez, isn't that the truth! I find them way too much rofl.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2008, 07:40 AM »

My thighs are a pound magnet or maybe it has something to do with chocolate.  What do you think? 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 07:43 AM by souper_happy »

BitBehindWench

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2008, 11:29 AM »

My thighs are a pound magnet or maybe it has something to do with chocolate.  What do you think? 

That's like asking "does this dress make me look fat". Don't go there, whatever answer is given is wrong. :rofl1:

RosieC

It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 07:44 PM »

That's like asking "does this dress make me look fat". Don't go there, whatever answer is given is wrong. :rofl1:

I see you've been well trained papa.  :lolg:

PintsWench

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2008, 08:44 PM »

See? Now you men know the secret to being married 40 + years. :clap1: :clap2:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2008, 08:47 PM »

A+ PapaDuck! 

BitBehindWench

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 05:09 AM »

See? Now you men know the secret to being married 40 + years. :clap1: :clap2:

"Yes, dear."

fantasymooma

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2008, 03:37 PM »

Woot Ant.  I saw that you gained 3 pounds the last time I looked and now you have lost 2 pounds!  Yay to you!

Keep it going girl!  :weight:

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 06:23 PM »

Woot Ant.  I saw that you gained 3 pounds the last time I looked and now you have lost 2 pounds!  Yay to you!

Keep it going girl!  :weight:

Thanks fantasymooma. I was hoping no one noticed that rofl.  :lolg:

I had a few set backs last week and this week I buckled down and ran every day. This week I am hoping to do the same. This weekend has been a difficult one though. My husband took me to the cheesecake factory in San Franciso last night. I didn't have any cheesecake so I am proud of that. :) But it was a big meal though. I will have to buckle down again this week if i want to lose before Friday. Your encouragement really helps, so thank you. :)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2008, 07:12 PM »

Way to Go Ant!!   :clapping:

That was a very quick loss!

Very proud of you to pick up and keep going where you left off!  Woot!

RosieC

It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2008, 05:47 PM »

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:
             Go Ant!!!            Go Ant!!!

I've lost a bit too! I don't know how much I don't have a scale but my pants fit a little better.
I haven't been able to work out much but I'm working hard on portion control, and eating healthier.
I've been seeing my Dr and adjusting my Fibromyalgia meds so it won't be so painful to work out,
but as soon as I get my meds working better watch out here I come. :)

PintsWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2008, 09:29 AM »

Ant:
I think I found a few pounds at WDW on the dining plan.  Were they yours?

BitBehindWench

fantasymooma

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008, 10:33 AM »

Ant:

:lolp:   :pizza: + :icecream::popcorn::coke: = a good time at WDW!

So Ant how is the weight coming along.  I know us ladies don't like to talk about our weight, but I see you are back to where you started.  :clap1:
Keep it going down!  No more gain!  :thumbs:   We are cheering you on!  :cheerleader:

Now I just need to start my exercise and I will be having a ticker just like you soon.

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2008, 02:06 PM »

Ant:

:lolp:   :pizza: + :icecream::popcorn::coke: = a good time at WDW!

So Ant how is the weight coming along.  I know us ladies don't like to talk about our weight, but I see you are back to where you started.  :clap1:
Keep it going down!  No more gain!  :thumbs:   We are cheering you on!  :cheerleader:

Now I just need to start my exercise and I will be having a ticker just like you soon.

Well as you know, I went on a weekend get away last weekend. I came home totally thinking I had gained 5 pounds. But I hadn't, so that is the good news. The bad news is, I did eat a lot and will have to work extra hard to lose anything by Friday.

DH is going to be off work Wed, THurs. and Fri. to have one of his teeth pulled. Poor guy. So that means he can't eat much, so that might help. Any other time if he was off work, we would be eating out and having a great time.

So for now, I have that wonderful half pound I lost to be proud of, and hopefully by Friday it will be a full pound I have lost. This is not easy!!!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 10:57 AM »

Keep up the good work Ant!  Way to Go!  Even going away for the weekend, you still did great!  Yay You!!   :clap2:

Sorry to hear about your DH having to have a tooth pulled.  Doesn't sound fun, and hopefully he'll feel better soon too.

Hugs!   :hug:

fantasymooma

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2008, 05:39 PM »

Woot Ant on the 2 lbs. you have lost so far.   :clapping:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2008, 06:38 AM »

Woot Ant on the 2 lbs. you have lost so far.   :clapping:

Woot I noticed that on the ticker too!  Hope it continues to go well Ant!

BitBehindWench

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2008, 07:37 AM »

Hang in there Ant, I'm collecting the ones you lose.

Packed on about 4lbs this week. Probably decoys fault for all the birthday celebrations we have been doing. :lolg:

Gonna have to stop eating this weekend to make up for it. :drinkingtoast:

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2008, 04:19 PM »

Thanks all. I stayed the same this week but i am refusing to let it get me down. I just need to work a little harder! Kick it up a notch on the running.  :weight: :muscles:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2008, 07:28 PM »

Thanks all. I stayed the same this week but i am refusing to let it get me down. I just need to work a little harder! Kick it up a notch on the running.  :weight: :muscles:

:weight: Slow and steady wins the race! :weight:

BitBehindWench

fantasymooma

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2008, 10:32 AM »

Hi Ant.tea :waveh:

I was just thinking about you and wanted to see how you were doing with the weight loss. :)   :pengjr:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2008, 04:59 PM »

Keep at it Ant.tea!!!!!

:weight: :weight:

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2008, 10:52 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement  :bighug: I explained to Bright the other day that I am doing fine with the weight management program.

I removed the ticker in my signature because it was just discouraging me more than helping me. I haven't lost many pounds but I am losing inches for sure and I feel better.  :weight:

When we first started running, my asthma was really bad at the end of the run and now it is very much improved. Also the run seems a lot easier. So I am making progress, its just slow. But you know what, I would rather feel better  :soccer: than lose pounds any old day. :)

Kat

• Damn Freaking Kat
    She Bites!!!
     ;)
    The evil pancake bunny
    haunts me wherever I go!!

I am standing on
    the precipice of old!!
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2008, 07:41 AM »

Woot Ant!!!   :clapping:  I think you have a winning attitude my friend.  The numbers on a scale are only one of the many ways to measure progress.  I think you're doing great!   :hug:
________
Kathy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!
FurballWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2008, 02:36 PM »

Great Job Ant!  Thanks for checking in!  Sounds like you are doing great!  And when you feel better, that's all that really matters!   :hug:   :clap1:

RosieC

It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2008, 08:33 PM »

Woot!! Go Ant.he!! Go Ant.he!!  :2thunbs:

PintsWench

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2008, 08:50 PM »

Woot Ant!!!   :clapping:  I think you have a winning attitude my friend.  The numbers on a scale are only one of the many ways to measure progress.  I think you're doing great!   :hug:
Great Job Ant!  Thanks for checking in!  Sounds like you are doing great!  And when you feel better, that's all that really matters!   :hug:   :clap1:
Woot!! Go Ant.he!! Go Ant.he!!  :2thunbs:

Aww, thanks you guys. I actually left Swan and Skalleywag in the dust today and ran a little farther (further?) than I ever have. Woot! I think your encouragement is carrying me higher and higher. Or is that the gas?

RosieC

It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2008, 07:53 AM »

:gas3: Nothing like a little rocket power to help push you a little farther! Woot!! :gas3:

PintsWench
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up