VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4/2 10:45 EST, VMK Closed  (Read 6355 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
4/2 10:45 EST, VMK Closed
« on: April 02, 2008, 07:48 PM »

Hi There!
Just in case anyone is trying to log in.  A short time ago in game we received the traditional 10 minutes until closing pop up.  Ten minutes later the traditional close message appeared.  From what I hear there were some room loading and friends lists earlier this evening.   

Either way it was nice to get some type of an alert.
Hugs to anyone that was in the host line when the game shut down.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 07:51 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
Re: 4/2 10:45 EST, VMK Closed
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 10:07 PM »

That was strange, wasn't it?  Almost like Yavn was trying to prove a point about technical issues.  LOL!

I also noticed that the count of people in the game shortly after VMK closed down was close to 8,000.  On a weeknight???  That count remained high even as late as 9:45 pm.  I think their counter was stuck!   :D

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 10:20 PM »

I also noticed that the count of people in the game shortly after VMK closed down was close to 8,000.  On a weeknight???  That count remained high even as late as 9:45 pm.  I think their counter was stuck!   :D

I think the problem with that count was that vmk again had issues with people logging characters out.  I had logged my clone on to run through credit run.  She's on my main character's friend list.  Well when I signed the clone out, and signed my main character in, the clone was still showing logged in ~ and the character was still in vmk ~ even though I signed her out completely.  So I think that is why the count of people in-game was so off.  Not sure if this was just a problem for tonight, or if that wicked problem is back to haunt us again?
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

gshawen

• Can't believe I am 21 now.  :angel:
    Neither can the Tag Fairy
    ;)
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 11:05 PM »

I think the problem with that count was that vmk again had issues with people logging characters out.  I had logged my clone on to run through credit run.  She's on my main character's friend list.  Well when I signed the clone out, and signed my main character in, the clone was still showing logged in ~ and the character was still in vmk ~ even though I signed her out completely.  So I think that is why the count of people in-game was so off.  Not sure if this was just a problem for tonight, or if that wicked problem is back to haunt us again?

yes that was the problem. I myself had 4 of my  mules sitting in my room with my main. I even rebooted my computer and pulled the plug on my modem only to find them all still sitting in my room when I logged my main back on.

I told everyone that came in that is was my trophy room and that they were trophies I had stuffed and hanging on the walls.

this is the same bug that VMK had awhile back when everyone had so many problems on Sundays logging in for quests. Hope they fix it soon.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 09:34 AM »

I told everyone that came in that is was my trophy room and that they were trophies I had stuffed and hanging on the walls.

LOL!  Now that's funny!   :lol:

I followed to my clone.  Just standing there in the room I signed her off in.  Very strange indeed.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: [1]   Go Up