VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a room building dilema, room keeps kicking me out  (Read 8406 times)

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
a room building dilema, room keeps kicking me out
« on: March 06, 2008, 09:59 AM »

I have a room titled "ride pieces". I must have accidentally placed a ride piece or something right at the entrance because every time i enter the room, it kicks me right back out to storybookland.  :hitwall: :sos:

The room is the Mal's evil fortress. I have checked all my teleporters and none of them lead me back in there so that I can clear the room to fix it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

fantasymooma

Re: a room building dilema, room keeps kicking me out
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 10:36 AM »

Don't you feel silly.  :doh:

There's no way you can quickly bring up the Room Description to click the Clear Room button?  If not.  Maybe explain it to Contact Us and see if they can clear the room for you.   :-\   That's all I can think of.

Good Luck Ant!

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 10:42 AM »

Don't you feel silly.  :doh:

There's no way you can quickly bring up the Room Description to click the Clear Room button?  If not.  Maybe explain it to Contact Us and see if they can clear the room for you.   :-\   That's all I can think of.

Good Luck Ant!

Yes I do feel pretty silly. As far as clicking on the "clear room" button, I tried about ten times to do that but it kicks me out so fast, I have no chance. I probably will have to write contact us to have them clear it. I just hope I get all of my ride pieces back.

In my defense, the way the Mal's fortress room is set up, you can't see the floor right at the entrance. So this is probably how I never saw the ride piece get dropped there. I was probably in a hurry putting things away when there was a lot of lag and just thought it went somewhere else.

I have never actually sold a room before. Do you get all your stuff back even if you don't clear the room first?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 11:13 AM by Antjewel »
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 10:47 AM »

Yes Ant.  Anything in a room that is sold, returns to your inventory.

But that would be sad to lose the room.. try the contact us first, or let me know (as we spoke about).
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 10:58 AM »

Yes Ant.  Anything in a room that is sold, returns to your inventory.

But that would be sad to lose the room.. try the contact us first, or let me know (as we spoke about).

OK duck, ty. I am going to wait a few days and see what others come up with. The room is basically just for storage anyway. My ride pieces were just randomly stored in there and the room wasn't actually a "build" in any way. So it wouldn't really be a big deal to sell it, if I get my stuff back. At the most, I just lose credits because I doubt I will get back what I paid for the room. Now if it had been my Minnie Mouse room which took two days to build, I would have cried.  :cry: :'(

fantasymooma

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 08:54 AM »

:hisign: Ant

Just wondering if you got this situation taken care of?? 

fantasy

BooLani

• A Toddle Tail for a reasonable Fee...
  • Fireworks Magic
  • fighting one bit of paperwork at a time
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 12:48 PM »

I know this may sound stupid but have you tried doing magic just as the room loads, I did that with my AK room once and managed to do bat by typing the word for it before I went into the room and pressing enter as things are loading before the ride pushed me back out again. It seemed to glitch the ride piece and I was able to clear the room.

I hope that you get this sorted, it's a shame to have to lose a room that you want at the best of times if it comes to that

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 06:51 PM »

fantasy

I went ahead and sold the room.  :'( I did get all my stuff back but only got 100 credits for the room. I did write to contact us and still haven't heard from them. I will let you know if i do.

I know this may sound stupid but have you tried doing magic just as the room loads, I did that with my AK room once and managed to do bat by typing the word for it before I went into the room and pressing enter as things are loading before the ride pushed me back out again. It seemed to glitch the ride piece and I was able to clear the room.

I hope that you get this sorted, it's a shame to have to lose a room that you want at the best of times if it comes to that
Thanks for the idea Boo. I will try that next time for sure. Only, I hope there isn't a next time. Live and learn right?  :jester:

fantasymooma

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 02:18 PM »

fantasy

I went ahead and sold the room.  :'( I did get all my stuff back but only got 100 credits for the room. I did write to contact us and still haven't heard from them. I will let you know if i do.

That stinks.  Atleast it wasn't a room that you can't get anymore.   But the good thing is you didn't lose your items.

Now we know... don't put ride starts with teleporters at the enterance.   We can all learn from your mistakes.   :thumbs:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 02:20 PM by fantasymooma »
Pages: [1]   Go Up