VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks so much!!!!  (Read 3419 times)

tequoia

Thanks so much!!!!
« on: December 27, 2007, 10:08 AM »

Many of you know that I am back in VMK now. I plan to be there more often now that my son's Christmas Wish was a new account in VMK. His old one had been deleted and I wasn't playing anymore so I never set him up a new one. The other issue has always been that he couldn't read, so I had to sit with him while he did everything. Finally, now in 4th grade he seems to slowly be overcoming his disability and Disney is the reason! On our last trip every time I looked over my son was not playing his video game he was READING Birnbaum Walt Disney World for Kids and telling me where the hidden Mickeys were for the attraction or what was new and exciting in that location. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. :love2:

Then when he tells me all he wants for Christmas is a new VMK account so he can still be at Disney, how could I possibly refuse?  I created an account for him, but VMK assigned his name with the wrong click of a button, he became BeigeRightLime....ugh! He can't spell or read that one!  :cpuhammer:

So I began a quest to create the perfect avatar title and to fill up his inventory before he even begins. Now this was a little tricky since he had been playing on "Beige" for 2 days. I got into his account and "stole" everything for his new guy. "Beige" was so upset that the snowman and bat magic that Mommy's friends gave him were missing! LOL He even walked in to the room while I was busy trading with his "new" avatar! I finally convinced him to just go play games, that it was a glitch and that his pins will be back tomorrow. ::)

I then proceeded to run around VMk, where I found that even though I have been MIA for so long, I still have so many "oiled" friends  that were willing to help. I was moved to tears by the generosity shown by so many of my friends towards my son. Many people even let him be on their friend list. Your generosity is unmatched. I wish you could all be here when I turn over his new avatar to him he is going to light up like the Fireworks over the Castle and probably be just as loud. :clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

There were so many VMK friends that donated stuff to my quest, I know I will forget some. There were even people that I didn't know willing to help out. It reminded me why I used to spend so much time there, the warmth and friendship and generosity. Special thanks to IMWill, ForeverPerfecRose, DoodleFritz, TheRealBear, MickeysFriend, LittleBelle, PurpleDuck, SilverStarFox, AmberDaze, PurpleDuck...etc. The windows just kept popping up. It was amazing! Thanks so much to all who helped out. If I forgot you I am so sorry. It was crazy and I didn't expect it, so I was unprepared with paper and pen to keep track so I am counting on my "oiled" mind! ;D

Corey will be receiving his avatar tonight so I am sure we will be online to say our Thank Yous to those we can find. His new character's name is Trugs. Easy enough since our last name is Truger!  :dance3: :dance3:

I hope to see many more of you in VMK in the future!

~Anne

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: Thanks so much!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 11:08 AM »

You're very welcome Tea! 

:lolg:  I know I overloaded you with all that gingerbread and candy, but was it really enough to double post my title? :lolg:

One of the ones you don't know, who gifted your son while in my room, was my friend from Scotland, SpongeBlair.  (Just thought I would tell you that in case you are posting on DIS.. that is where he has an account.)

Sorry my friends list has a waiting list, but I will try to see if I can speed up his getting on it!  It will also be nice to see you on more often too girl friend! :hug:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

tequoia

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 11:40 AM »

LOL!! Well I can never thank you enough!! :hug: I knew there was another person! Thanks so much yellow!!! SpongeBlair!!! Thanks PurpleDuck for jogging my memory!

~Anne

I also need to add Jegrezo and HDMonkeybug....I just can't keep everyone straight!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 11:54 AM by Tequoia »

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 12:15 PM »

It was wonderful to meet you today and I would love to help. Just let me know what he needs. And thank you for sharing your story with us. It is so neat to see a child want to learn and that is what happens when they find something they truly love to do. So what a perfect gift for your son. I only wish i could see his face when he gets his new disney vmk buddy :)
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 05:21 AM »

Aww.  What a wonderful idea Tea.  If I can help in any way, let me know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up