VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SmallWorlds Closing April 8, 2018  (Read 17287 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
SmallWorlds Closing April 8, 2018
« on: March 13, 2018, 08:55 PM »

Dear Citizens:

It is with heavy hearts that we have to announce that SmallWorlds & MiniMundos will be shutting down. Since 2015 our player numbers have been shrinking, and we’ve been shrinking too to ensure we could continue to operate. With your help each month we’ve been able to keep the world online to be enjoyed by many. Unfortunately we’ve come to the end of the road and we’re absolutely heartbroken. Each month our servers cost us a lot of money to keep running, and we have reached the stage where we can no longer afford to keep them online.

We want to say thank you to you all! And to that end will be running the servers for another four weeks. We will be shutting down at 11:59PM on the 8th of April 2018 SWT. Click here to check the date and time in your time zone.

Between now and then, we want to try and make this a celebration of the last 10 years, and will be organizing a lot of fun events for you all. We will also be opening up a forum thread to see what everyone would like us to do in these final weeks.

We know a lot of you are going to be really upset about this, and we can understand completely. We would have kept SmallWorlds running forever if it were up to us, but in the end we couldn’t due to our business laws here in New Zealand. We simply have no choice now.

We’re sure you’ll have a lot of questions, so we are also going to put up an FAQ in the next few days to address as many as we possibly can.

Once again, we’re really truly sorry. We can only hope that you will join us during these next few weeks to celebrate all the fun and good times we’ve all had together over the years.

We ♥ You All

The SmallWorlds Team
Madison, Vince, Gabby, Andy, June, Matt, Chris, Matheus, Tania, Jordan, Jenny, Dom, Darren, Srdjan & Dan.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: SmallWorlds Closing April 8, 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 09:24 PM »

Wow!  That is sad news.  (Even sadder I am only seeing this today.  :notme: )

I did enjoy it a lot, until I just didn't have time for it.  VFK won me over, and will also celebrate their 10th year in May.

When I went back in, for that disturbance about accounts being hacked, I must admit, it was like Greek to me.  I could barely move around my own rooms, but did have some truly wonderful memories!

If I could only take one thing with me, it would have to be the one thing I have never forgotten.  The painting that was made for me by a most wonderful artist on the game!

Happy, do you have something else in mind after it closes?  Would love to have you rejoin VFK, you would not recognize it anymore for all the "growing up" it has done.

(Lord knows I have missed you terribly since August.)  :hug:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 11:01 PM »

Hugs :duck:  Not sure where i will be going, if anywhere. :bighug:

This one's for you. 

Artist: Your Artist Rob 
Collector: Purple Duck

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 11:03 PM »

OMG!  Thank you SOOO very much for this!!

Amazed you were able to get there and get that pic!!

Hugs dear friend!   :hug:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Pages: [1]   Go Up