VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Space Mountain Ride Event!  (Read 20651 times)

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
  • Tiggers don't like honey! (or BS)
Space Mountain Ride Event!
« on: November 28, 2006, 04:14 AM »

Who is participating?  Lets support each other!  I am signed up, but I've yet to build it, lol.  I really need to get busy.  I'd be happy to keep a list here though so I know who to go visit if mine doesn't get done!

So far we have:

Space Race CL_tigressjewel (woot, I finished! Thanks duck.he for the snow loan!)
Space Race Purpleduck
Space Race adventuredaz
Space Race Danivara
Space Race DiskatDisKat
Space Race Grumpy_guy
Space Race silvrstrfx
Space Race Briar_Lori
Space Race AmyE
Space Race Demosthimise
Space Race Melkirob

Good Luck to all!!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 03:21 PM by tigressjewel »
´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ♥ ~Jewel~ ♥ aka ShakeYerBootyWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

Decoy

• Head Decoy In Charge
    Yet Still Just a Decoy...

Where'd he go now?
  • HDIC
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Nothing to See Here...
    • CRS - Caffeinated & Requiring Sugar
Re: Space Mountain Ride Event!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 07:42 AM »

Me too!!!

Well the visit part. I don't want to use my limited VMK time to make rides.
...ʞɔɐq ʎɯ uo ʇɐ1ɟ ...sɐʍ ı ǝɹǝɥʇ

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 08:09 AM »

ME!   ME!!   ME!!!

My ride is done.  Just have to open the rooms up.  :thumbs:

Yes, I am one of the  :crazy: that actually believes:
 - despite not receiving a confirming email that my entry was received and in compliance with rules,
 - despite past history of these types of events with VMK,
 - despite no confirmation that they will leave any sign that they have been to judge the rooms,
 - despite knowing there are entirely too many participants for the few staff to humanly be able to judge in the timeframe,
 - despite having participated in the Everest competition,
 - despite learning from the Everest competion to not bother with ANY MORE contests they havd,
 - despite knowing I can't possibly keep my room open for all those hours,
that I have a chance!  ::) :lol:

I thank you Jewel for opening this subject up!  I will so gladly welcome any of of our forum members HELP  :grouphug: in keeping me company, keeping me awake, maybe.. even.. letting the duck take a  :-[ ducks room break along the way!!  ;)

MASSIVE heart felt thanks to any who can come visit for a spell!  Oh yes, room title is "Space Race Purpleduck" though I believe 97% of you are on my friends list anyhow!  :grouphug:
    (Hmm.. note to self.  Why haven't I met the other 3% of our membership on game yet?  Well I will just have to correct that if I survive the weekend!)

hrhkit

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 08:18 AM »

Well, I am not  :crazy: enough to enter...but love, love, love, to come by for visits and rides!  :thumbs:

Now, if I could just get back on VMK long enough to do that!  ::)

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 12:27 PM »

I was in fact  :crazy: enough to enter, because I like to participate and also what ever small entry gift must be worth the 100K I waste on the ride and I get to stock up on items I should have but would not normally buy in quantity.  So Space Race Adventuredaz is entered but I expect I will be working that entire weekend but am always willing to open to show to friends.

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 09:40 AM »

Updated  :thumbs:
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

silvrstrfx

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 11:35 AM »

Well I signed up in hopes of getting a participation prize and with the intent of making a really lame ride... but of course then I went a little bit crazy on my Christmas tree and then the rooms had to look somewhat decent to match lol. I don't plan on sitting there for hours on end (makes me end up like this at the end of the night  :D) lol but you are welcome to have a look or ask me to open my room. I'll definitely be visiting everyone else's rides! Can't wait to see the awesome work you've all come up with  :grouphug:

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 11:41 AM »

Well I signed up in hopes of getting a participation prize and with the intent of making a really lame ride... but of course then I went a little bit crazy on my Christmas tree and then the rooms had to look somewhat decent to match lol. I don't plan on sitting there for hours on end (makes me end up like this at the end of the night  :D) lol but you are welcome to have a look or ask me to open my room. I'll definitely be visiting everyone else's rides! Can't wait to see the awesome work you've all come up with  :grouphug:
Seems to be the prevailing feeling for this ride competition.  Mine was supposed to be simple and cheap and have determined I am not capable of producing a it that way because if it doesn't at least look decent I can't accept that.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 01:17 PM »

Jewel, your ride was great!

Got a couple updates for your post, of a few of our members that have created rides for this weekend:

Space Race Danivara
Space Race DiskatDisKat
Space Race Grumpy_guy

BriarLori

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 10:08 PM »

LOL!  You mention the possibility of a participation prize, and suddenly those who weren't going to enter decide to enter. ;)

I would like a participation prize, but I didn't build a ride just for that.  I spent roughly 85k for my three rooms, mostly because
those ride supports and teleporters (bought as part of a ride pack of course!) made a huge dent in my VMK wallet.
Once I had an idea for a ride and story, I just had to go a little  :crazy: putting it together.

I opened the room up to show people every couple of days or so.  I finished this last week before Thanksgiving, so I'm glad
I don't have to worry about finishing it by Friday.  I intend to stay in my room for long periods of time, yet I would love to
visit all the other ride rooms of my friends. 

The nice thing is that many friends are showing off their rides now, too.  So I get to preview rides (and show mine in preview, too.)
You'd think I'd never enter after Everest, but the Slide contest was a little better.  I hope this contest isn't a backslide to Everest
fiasco flashbacks.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 12:13 AM »

Lori,  this entire thread was started AFTER registration closed.  So nobody making rides now, thinking they will get a participation "trinket" will even be looked at by the judges. 

(I am not sure who you were referring to anyway, as several I notice, have used that terminology in this thread about a participation prize.  But if by any chance you were referring to my helping Jewel update the list of noBS'ers that did register in time, and are entering, I only did that cause they are new to noBS and may not catch this thread to "announce" they too had entered the contest.)

Btw, as you heard me tonight,  :thumbs: on your ride!!  I still say so many can't compare to yours girl friend!  I rode it what 4 times now, and STILL can't get enough of it!  I just HAD to bring others with me after that to see one heck of an incredibly creative ride!  I sincerely hope you do get a prize for it!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 12:15 AM by Purpleduck »

funniebunny

• A Wet Wabbit
  • Invisibility Magic
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 08:24 AM »

I haven't entered this time but I will definately drop by to support my fellow NoBS'

Good luck to you all :thumbs:
 :grouphug:

You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

danovara

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 11:55 AM »

Space Race Danivara
Space Race DiskatDisKat
Space Race Grumpy_guy

Well thank you my good friend duck for the post. :thumbs:   I was just coming over here to invite.  Yes well I am entering this competition not just for the participation prize, but I thought it would be fun as this is my first.  However, please do not come to the room thinking there will be some elaberate multi-room ride!  On the contrary, I would be a very poor flat if not for my good friends!  Especially those in this post!  So instead of killing myself trying to build this glamorous ride I cannot possibly afford I kept it small and quite cozy.  All are welcome, I get such a kick out of seeing people come by and just jump on one of the rides!  Maybe by the time the next competition rolls around, I will be rolling in dough!   :lol:

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 12:24 PM »

Got a couple updates for your post, of a few of our members that have created rides for this weekend:

Space Race Danivara
Space Race DiskatDisKat
Space Race Grumpy_guy

Thanks!  Its not much I know, but hey I threw it together pretty quick, and with a fever! rofl!  For anyone who come by to ride, feel free to jump off in the second room to try out the multi-level dance floor! 
Got to have a place to shake our bootay!  (its all kits fault!)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 12:29 PM by tigressjewel »
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

hrhkit

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 12:43 PM »

Space Race Danivara
Space Race DiskatDisKat
Space Race Grumpy_guy

Thanks!  Its not much I know, but hey I threw it together pretty quick, and with a fever! rofl!  For anyone who come by to ride, feel free to jump off in the second room to try out the multi-level dance floor! 
Got to have a place to shake our bootay!  (its all kits fault!)

Woot! Does that mean you kept the Snow Disco? Partay at Jewel's Ride room!  :grouphug:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 01:06 PM »

Woot! Heart that dance floor gf!  Par tay is right!  :thumbs:

aensming

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 02:19 PM »

I made one also -
So come check out the very lame Space Race AmyE
I had grand ideas and not enough cash to quite finish before I burned my fireworks fingers two days ago making dinner! 

My son also has a ride - Space Race Demosthimise

melkrirob

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 11:57 AM »

I was another  :crazy: who could not pass on that very expensive entery prize. My daughter "beatles-fan" has her own ride as usual.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up