VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! update Back to UMLIMITED!!!! YAY!!!  (Read 6928 times)

laurabearz

• Wasting Away in...
    Rum-ah-ritaville?!?
  • Invisibility Magic
  • It's Fun being Me.. Is it Fun being You?
AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! update Back to UMLIMITED!!!! YAY!!!
« on: October 19, 2007, 06:33 AM »

Logged in this morning and I AM BASIC... no longer unlimited! BASIC!!!!!

I can only access my Sloop, no other ships...

BASIC....

wow

I guess on the bright side I can see what people will be able to play for free...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 09:19 PM by laurabearz »
You know there is never a good time to quit smoking but geez...

laurabearz

• Wasting Away in...
    Rum-ah-ritaville?!?
  • Invisibility Magic
Re: AHHHHHHhHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 06:39 AM »

CRY CRY CRY

Tried to kill a sand crab and it kept kicking me to the upgrade page...

I noticed this....

Please Note: Your Beta test account will either have Basic Access to the game, which is what will be available free to players when the game launches, or Unlimited Access, which will be available through a paid subscription. We also might switch your account back and forth between these during the Beta. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on both! 

My thoughts on BASIC>>> IT SUCKS!@

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 12:48 PM »

CRY CRY CRY

Tried to kill a sand crab and it kept kicking me to the upgrade page...

I noticed this....

Please Note: Your Beta test account will either have Basic Access to the game, which is what will be available free to players when the game launches, or Unlimited Access, which will be available through a paid subscription. We also might switch your account back and forth between these during the Beta. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on both! 

My thoughts on BASIC>>> IT SUCKS!@

Sort of the same feelings I had when I got drafted in 1967. :rofl1:
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.

SaraAriel

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 06:51 PM »

They randomly went through and changed some unlimited access beta accounts to the limited/basic account access.  It's not pretty.  I was downgraded and I'm not able to do a thing because my levels are "too high" for basic.  I can't access my big ships, most of my cool battle skills, and I can't gain any points for fighting or sinking.

But, I did discover that on your main pirate screen where you choose which pirate to load, there is a gold arrow where it says "basic access".  Click on it and it should take you to a screen that says "unlimited access".  Once there, you can create a new pirate, uh, yes, you have to start all over again :wtf?:  But until they fix those of us that were switched to basic, I'm dealing with a new pirate.  Basic is, well, for a lack of better words, too freaking basic!

The game just went down for more updates, so I'm REALLY hoping that they see the error in their ways and fix things.  Yes it's beta, that's why we're there to test these things, but wouldn't it have made more sense for new Beta players to test the basic accounts than those of us that have been around since phase 1? 

Trying to stay positive, I really am  :groan:

laurabearz

• Wasting Away in...
    Rum-ah-ritaville?!?
  • Invisibility Magic
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 08:48 PM »

It just dawned on me the only quests I can do are Storyline Quests... nothing extra. All this other quests are locked. ALthough it did let me accept some new quests, they were locked when I went to look for them.

When I click the arrow it shows my DD's title (since she is registered on VMK under my log in) and it's all locked.

I also deleted a pirate today by accident... there is no Are you Sure you want to DELETE this pirate.. hit the skull by accident and BOOM gone into the abyss.

- sigh -

I know this all happened because I signed up as a Founding member... They got my money....  :groan:

laurabearz

• Wasting Away in...
    Rum-ah-ritaville?!?
  • Invisibility Magic
Re: AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! update Back to UMLIMITED!!!! YAY!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 09:23 PM »

I was helping a friend with quests today and was a bit buggy, so I logged off, back on... and BLAMO.. Well not BLAMO since it took me like 10 minutes to dawn on me. I went to check the price of ships for my friend and noticed I could buy them...  :wavet:

There was one upside to all this... The one thing I could do was blow up ships and earn credits, and anything to spend them on was locked. So I built up a nice nest egg.   :prop:

Here is the offical statement from POTC

Beta players who pre-order will receive or keep Unlimited Access - UPDATED:

We've corrected a bug in the pre-order purchase flow that was resetting Beta test accounts with Unlimited Access to Basic Access. Beta testers who pre-ordered prior to this fix have been switched back to Unlimited Access and, going forward, any additional Beta testers who pre-order will receive Unlimited Access. We're sorry for any frustration this may have caused.

Seems all us founders got sent back to basic... Glad they fixed it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 09:33 PM by laurabearz »

Pages: [1]   Go Up