VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Become a POTCO Founder  (Read 9911 times)

SaraAriel

Become a POTCO Founder
« on: October 16, 2007, 03:52 PM »

Pre-Order Unlimited Access to Pirates of the  Caribbean Online and become an official member of an elite crew of founding  pirates.

Pre-order now and receive: 50% off your first month, that's only
     $4.95, and $9.95 each  additional month*  A limited edition certified cloth map 
An exclusive Founder title for every pirate
     on your account.   
   With Unlimited Access you get loads of members-only benefits  including: Unlock advanced weapons and skills 
Captain bigger and better ships 
Create and lead your own Pirate Guild 
Embark on expanded quests 
Engage in expanded PVP combat 
Receive an exclusive crew kit in the mail

Be among the first to set sail through the treacherous waters of the Caribbean! Don't delay, because like unguarded treasure in a room full of freebooting buccaneers, this offer won't last long!   

*Please Note: Your credit card will not be billed until the game officially launches later this fall. You will have 15 days after that should you wish to cancel your subscription.
  -The  Crew @ Pirates of the Caribbean Online

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 03:59 PM by SaraAriel »

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
Re: Become a POTCO Founder
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 06:46 PM »

"Sigh" I guess this is where the game ends for me, when they start charging for it. Oh well.
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

laurabearz

• Wasting Away in...
    Rum-ah-ritaville?!?
  • Invisibility Magic
  • It's Fun being Me.. Is it Fun being You?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 10:04 PM »

I am torn.... I really am starting to like the game. Hmmmm
You know there is never a good time to quit smoking but geez...

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 10:47 PM »

"Sigh" I guess this is where the game ends for me, when they start charging for it. Oh well.

Get ya hooked and then put a fee on entry.

They are the Merry Marketeers. :lolp:
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.

SaraAriel

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 06:11 AM »

There will still be a free version of the game but you wouldn't have access to everything.  The unlimited version that you would pay for just unlocks certain upgrades and you wouldn't have to deal with the add banners that the free version will have. 

stargate_fan

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 12:19 PM »

There will still be a free version of the game but you wouldn't have access to everything.  The unlimited version that you would pay for just unlocks certain upgrades and you wouldn't have to deal with the add banners that the free version will have. 

On the bright side, considering the continued sorry condition of many of the game features in the beta, it may very well be that someone playing the free version will find the game a lot more reliable and less buggy.  Easier to make that limited set of features work right than the whole slew of features the unlimited access people get.

laurabearz

• Wasting Away in...
    Rum-ah-ritaville?!?
  • Invisibility Magic
  • It's Fun being Me.. Is it Fun being You?
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 05:56 AM »

On the bright side, considering the continued sorry condition of many of the game features in the beta, it may very well be that someone playing the free version will find the game a lot more reliable and less buggy.  Easier to make that limited set of features work right than the whole slew of features the unlimited access people get.

From what I can tell, Now that I have been testing the Basic Version (boo basic).. most of the features are there... but locked for your character NOT for everyone else around you...So I dont see that as helping the reliablity/bugginess of the game for basic players... Basics play right along side Unlimiteds.. so all the programing is still there...

The Story line quests are the only ones you can do in basic, but all the other quests are still there... Now I dont know once they open the game to the public, if basic users will not be able to even start other quests (right now I can start all the quests, they just show up locked...

I dont believe that Basic users will have fewer issues/lag/crash than Unlimited other than problems from the quest unlimited people have access too.

You know there is never a good time to quit smoking but geez...

Pages: [1]   Go Up