VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay Holiday Dreams Sweepstakes ~ Including VMK Items  (Read 53032 times)

PirateDaisy

Ebay Holiday Dreams Sweepstakes ~ Including VMK Items
« on: November 23, 2006, 12:30 PM »

http://www.winit.ebay.com

Contest going on November 24 - December 3. Register for a chance each day to win great WDW and DLR trips for you and your family. Click on link for details. As an added bonus:

Hidden Mickey Bonus Prizes
Submit Hidden Mickey selections November 24 - December 3 for Virtual Magic Kingdom prizes!

Every day you find Hidden Mickey, eBay will send a special bonus code to My Messages in My eBay, allowing you to claim a virtual item to use in Disney's free online game, Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK.com). Collect all seven prizes and be the envy of the Kingdom!

* Dreams Captain Hook Chair
    * Dreams Castle Turret Chair
    * Dreams Pirates Turret Chair
    * Dreams Castle Pin
    * Dreams Poster
    * Dreams T-Shirt
    * Treasure Detector Magic

We finally see Treasure Detector Magic come out, woot! Never thought I'd see the day when VMK partners up with Ebay. But a good partnership nonetheless. The instructions are still clear as mad to me but for certain you do not need to purchase anything on Ebay to participate. You can pre-register on Ebay and for each hidden mickey you find you will get a VMK code in your messages on Ebay.

Purchasing an item on Ebay that day does give you an entry for the main prize drawing that day but finding hidden mickeys give you entries as well.

How can I get additional entries into a Daily Drawing?

To obtain up to five (5) additional entries into the Sweepstakes per day during the Promotion Period:

1. Go to www.winit.ebay.com and follow the link to the "Hidden Mickey" Web page.
       2. Find four Mickey Mouse shapes hidden in the image displayed and choose their location from the drop-down menus provided. Choose the Disney Parks location pictured from the fifth drop-down menu provided.
       3. Submit your selections before 11:59:59 p.m. PT, along with your eBay User ID.

You can change your Hidden Mickey selections at any time during the day, but the last selections you submit, as received by 11:59:59 p.m. PT on the date specified on the Daily Drawing Entry Chart below, will be your final submission for a Daily Drawing. Each unique final selection you submit that exactly matches the answer chosen by eBay as correct will count as one (1) entry. Limit five (5) entries per eBay User ID per day via this method.

How will I know if my Hidden Mickey selections are correct?

Part of the fun of finding a Hidden Mickey is being able to come back and change your selections as many times as you want through 11:59:59 p.m. PT, as indicated on the Daily Drawing Entry Chart below. Because each of your final selections must exactly match the answers chosen by eBay to count as entries, eBay will keep the exact Hidden Mickey locations under wraps until after all entries have been received for a Daily Drawing. A link revealing the Hidden Mickey locations for a previous day can be found on the Hidden Mickey Web page.

Good luck to all who participate!!  :thumbs: You do not need a credit card to register for Ebay, you only need one if you are getting a Paypal account, which is not required to register. You must have a valid e-mail address, this is where you are going to activate your account from. Any questions on Ebay, just let me know and I'll try and help out any way I can. :)

hrhkit

Re: Ebay Holiday Dreams Sweepstakes ~ Including VMK Items
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 04:53 PM »

Cool! I am pre-registered now...bummer it doesn't start until tomorrow though.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the info, Kit

grumpydisneydad

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 01:18 AM »

Here are the ones I have found so far for 11-24

1. Goofy 5 lamppost
2. Goofy 6 Grass
3. Donald 2 cloud
4 Mickey 4 in trees (thanks redsfan)
Park??? FantasyLand WDW ????

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 04:32 AM »

1. Goofy 5 lamppost
2. Goofy 6 Grass
3. Donald 2 cloud

I do not get it. What does this mean. Am I to find these items. I thought only one a day so confused. Thanks Ok after going through the photo I understand thanks
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 10:31 AM by littlebelle »
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Decoy

• Head Decoy In Charge
    Yet Still Just a Decoy...

Where'd he go now?
  • HDIC
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Nothing to See Here...
    • CRS - Caffeinated & Requiring Sugar
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 09:06 AM »

Here are the ones for 11-25:

1. Mickey 5 in the bushes.
2. Donald 4 on the Epcot Ball.
3. Goofy 2 in the clouds.
4. Goofy 5 in the palm trees.

It is clearly Epcot, (I think), but there are two choices, If you have been please tell us which is correct.

Anybody get the codes for yesterday yet? I seemed to indicate the if you got even one Mickey location you would get the virtual prize code within 24 hours. I am thinking it has been about that but, I have no messages, not even a you lost message,  in my My Ebay inbox.

1. Goofy 5 lamppost
2. Goofy 6 Grass
3. Donald 2 cloud

I do not get it. What does this mean. Am I to find these items. I thought only one a day so confused. Thanks Ok after going through the photo I understand thanks

It is one picture per day, each picture has four hidden Mickeys and a location.
...ʞɔɐq ʎɯ uo ʇɐ1ɟ ...sɐʍ ı ǝɹǝɥʇ

hrhkit

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 09:17 AM »

I got the same thing Decoy...

I put it as Epcot Future World (not Showcase)

...and dang it, I forgot to do it yesterday!  :pb:

tequoia

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 11:36 AM »

Has anyone actually gotten any of the codes? I also answered FutureWorld. 8)

PirateDaisy

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 12:06 PM »

I got a code, woot! Just don't know what it is yet, I will come back later and update what it was. :D

PirateDaisy

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 12:58 PM »

I got a code, woot! Just don't know what it is yet, I will come back later and update what it was. :D

Ok, turned in my codes. One from my account and one from my husband's. I got the t-shirt and the pin.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 01:15 PM »

I got the t-shirt, which actually looks pretty good! (to a duck that wears purple!)   ;D

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
  • Tiggers don't like honey! (or BS)
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 01:12 PM »

Hey all!  I just got back last night from being in Florida with my mom for thanksgiving.  She has a dial up internet connection so I didn't spend much time on the computer.  I did enter last night which looks like the second day?  I missed out on the   first day codes though.  Did everyone get a t-shirt or are the prizes random?  When should I expect my code from entering yesterday? 
The only other question I have is why is the gerbil or rabbit or whatever it is in the smilie list wearing a plate on his head?  This --> :pb:
´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ♥ ~Jewel~ ♥ aka ShakeYerBootyWench

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

PirateDaisy

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 03:06 PM »

Answers for 11/26:

Mickey 2
Donald 6
Goofy 3
Goofy 6

Animal Kingdom

Btw Jewel, that's a bunny with a pancake on it's head! LOL It's usually a 24 hour wait for you to receive your codes but I got my codes around midnight today. So you never know with Ebay. The prizes are random, I received two pins again today; I was really looking forward to getting a chair. Look at my first post for all the possible prizes.  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 03:08 PM by PirateDaisy »

charmedgrl

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2006, 04:23 PM »

The only other question I have is why is the gerbil or rabbit or whatever it is in the smilie list wearing a plate on his head?  This --> :pb:

:pb:   :pb:

Hope that helps ya out... lol.

bezoar

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2006, 05:15 PM »

Oh the indignity.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 06:39 PM by Decoy »

tigressjewel

• Snowman Magic
  • Tiggers don't like honey! (or BS)
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2006, 05:50 PM »

Uh... yeah, I knew that!  :pb: Why wouldn't it be a bunny with a pancake on its head?   :crazy:
Can anyone point me in any direction to actually get caught up around here or is this just a private joke I'll never get? (creepo.net?) Also.. who handed out wench titles and left me out!!  >:(  Ok.. I'm off to the virtual cornucopia board to try and catch up!

Back on the topic now.. Daisy, I did see all the great prizes!  I actually logged into vmk for a few minutes earlier and was able to see several of the prizes in the game too, very nice!  Still no codes showing up for me, but I'm sure they will be along.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 05:53 PM by tigressjewel »
´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ♥ ~Jewel~ ♥ aka ShakeYerBootyWench

~Jewel Tigerpaw~

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
  • "The sun never sets on those who ride into it."
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2006, 10:47 PM »

ok so treasure detector magic is one time only magic?....or were people messing with me.....  :(

:pb: i am feeling bad for this bunnie

I heart my toaster

PirateDaisy

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 12:45 AM »

Yes, treasure detector is a one time use magic. Some people have reported Wanted Posters, to credits and to nothing at all. There seems to be no pattern, whether you use it on Main St or the Pirate Lobby. My feeling is a randomly prize is already generated within the magic. Nenya was kind enough to invite us over to watch her use it. She found treasure just below where Duck was sitting and it turned out being 50 credits. In my opinion pretty sucky prize, I'd rather get a chair or shirt. Lots of things Vmk needs to work out if they plan on releasing this magic any time soon.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 12:56 AM by PirateDaisy »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up